Topic

South Sierra: Bald Eagle Peak + Libel Peak

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports South Sierra: Bald Eagle Peak + Libel Peak

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Kremers

@dkremers

This isn't really a backpacking trip since it was just 2 day hikes crammed into one. But it was my first hike so wanted to share it even though i didn't stay out overnight. Worst than that i was trying to get used to carrying around a pack so i had a little more weight that i should have for such short hikes! Mainly because i was carrying extra water but thats okay.

First note on this trip is road SNF 28S02 is absolutely brutal for a low clearance vehicle. You don't need 4wd but being off the ground is a must…very slow going.

Our first goal for the day was Bald Eagle Peak.
    Bald Eagle Peak

The trailhead from the top
    Cars from the top

The TOP!

Kern River Valley i believe + my first geocache! (under the rocks)
    Kern River Valley

I have fewer pictures from Liebel peak as the surronding area has suffered extreme fire damage.

The way we came up
    The path we took up

the front which we decided didn't look inviting.
    Steap!

From the top
    View

That was my first trip. Wish i had stopped to take pictures of the road because some parts were just insane but was just trying to get through it safely and quickly.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Looks like some fun rock scramblng and good views!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools