Topic

Goose Creek TH Loop, Lost Creek, CO

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Goose Creek TH Loop, Lost Creek, CO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Gingles

@ginglesair

Locale: USofA

Goose Creek is my favorite early spring hike as the area generally recieves little snow. I have been as early as March 18th two years ago and there was no snow.
    I too was hoping to make a Easter overnight trip but the weather did not cooperate. Hoping to make it up there soon. Would love to hear some more trip/trail reports.

As far as camp spots there are several once you reach the old mining buildings to the South and some spots past the shaft house as well. Last year we ran into snow just past the shaft house so turned back around and camped near the buildings.

David Leeret

@dleeret

I saw a post a page up about where there is a beautiful creekside "beach" where Lost Creek emerges from the rocks. I visited this exact spot as a Boy Scout in 1983 or 84. I've been wanting to go back since but it looks like the trail in no longer on the topo. Has anyone been here recently and if so do you have GPS coordinates or directions? I really want to go there with my son who just joined Boy Scouts.

Here's the original post:

As for your navigational side-trip, if I recall, the old (1970's?) McCurdy Mountain topo had a trail that followed Lost Creek from East Lost Park to Refrigerator Gulch. By the 80's it was not present on the McCurdy Mountain quad, although the segment on the Windy Peak quad seems to still be mapped. I'm wondering if you accidentally followed this old trail southward. In the early '80's, the segment near Refrigerator Gulch was still identifyable on the south side of Refrigerator Gulch Creek between the present trail crossing and Lost Creek, where there is a beautiful creekside "beach" where Lost Creek emerges from the rocks.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools