Topic

KISSCARE Biomedical liquid: multi purpose solution to blisters/footcare/first aid/burns/insects/sun/rain?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) KISSCARE Biomedical liquid: multi purpose solution to blisters/footcare/first aid/burns/insects/sun/rain?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

I came across this website a few days back:
    http://www.kisspolymers.com/
    http://www.kisspolymers.com/Products/medical.htm

KISS Polymers LLC of Tampa, FL wants you to know about its KISS Complete Products, a family of revolutionary products and ingredients based on the newest generation of patented KISS-COTE® Self-Bonding Polymers (KSBP®)* that provide an easy-to-clean non-stick finish while acting as an invisible barrier. These new KISS Complete products and ingredients are very safe and easy to use, in wipe-on, spray-on liquids and gels that provide the ultimate in long-lasting protection by creating a non-stick easy-to-clean surface wherever they are applied!

The KISS Complete Products are revolutionizing whole sectors of every industry. They impact dentists and plastic surgeons, motorboat racers, homemakers, and manufacturers of personal care products and high-tech ceramic components like those in medicine, computers, and aerospace. Of course, they also important to people who use and make non-stick pots and pans, those who build and service aerospace motors or diesel engines, those who fly and service airplanes or who clean and maintain public spaces and buildings.

Almost everything you look at, think about, or use will benefit from KISS Polymers.

Great for protecting and maintaining all surfaces – from teeth and skin to boats, buildings and industrial equipment, KISS POLYMERS provide an invisible barrier that protects finishes so they stay cleaner longer and require less care and maintenance. KISS Polymers are environmentally friendly and safe for use in biomedical areas, as well as in household and industrial applications.

Independent studies have shown that KISS Polymers may take the bite out of dental disease and may promote wound healing while protecting skin from damage from the suns rays. Studies have also shown KISS Polymers to soothe diaper rashes on infants, relieve radiation burns on cancer patients, keep blood cells from sticking to the walls of artificial hearts and blood vessels, and stop teeth sensitivity and staining. KISS Polymers have been shown to make treated areas healthy, thus making skin look smoother and younger while stopping irritation, even soothing insect bites and infected bed sores.

KISS Polymers are fluid repellent, yet breathable (vapor permeable).

The KISS POLYMERS form a coating that's only one molecule thick and create a smooth-feeling, slippery yet dry, non-toxic, water-proof non-stick surface. KISS Polymers are sold under a variety of trade-names, including KISSCARE* Ultra products for biomedical and personal care uses, MegaGuard Ultra* coatings for household and recreational use, HealthyCote* Ultra for veterinary use, MegaGuard Ultra* coatings for industrial applications and KSBP SpeedCote* for high performance and racing applications. You may easily apply the coatings at room temperature by spraying a liquid or dabbing a gel onto the surface, and rubbing the surface with a clean cloth.

Product Features

*Safe and Non-Toxic
    *Non-stick surface
    *Easy-to-clean
    *Reduces maintenance costs
    *Provides mildew resistance
    *Creates water-repellent finish
    *Reduces drag and surface friction
    *Protects metals, plastics and glass
    *Creates and promotes a clean healthy surface
    *Protects car, airplane and boat finishes
    *Resistant to extreme temperatures
    *Environmentally friendly
    *Cleans while protecting
    *Prevents adhesion of dirt and insects
    *Improves speed performance
    *Protects fabric, wood and ceramics
    *Allows the sun to shine through while stopping its damaging effects on treated surfaces

With its KSBP technology, KISS Polymers permanently bond to virtually any material, resisting attack from most acids, bases, solvents and other chemicals.

For more details see:
    http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgt4z6m2_9g27jj2gx

looking forward to comments and questions.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Been on the market for many years, with little noticeable impact as far as I can see.
    The major problem is the very high cost of the stuff. OK for ocean racing yacht owners …

Cheers

Kevin Egelhoff

@kegelhoff

Locale: Southern Cal

I think we paid about $250 for 8 grams to do the bottom of our racing sailboat. VERY expensive but it goes a LONG ways !! I think they mixed in a few drops to cover the entire bottom of out 30 footer.

Kevin

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Here is the price list:
    KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid (#2090md)
    2 oz spray bottle $25.00
    4 oz spray bottle $40.00
    8 oz spray bottle $70.00

Not too expensive when compared to hydropel for a much superior product.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Huzefa,
    In what way is this superior to Hydropel? Or any lotion?

The literature says it is just a coating.

It's not indestructible, and at "1 molecule thick" I don't think it stands a chance against my sandy socks.

Hydropel, Glide, and the rest at least "soak in" to provide a durable support and barrier against friction and water.

What words have convinced you that this is more than just hype? (Beside the marketing aspect of being an exclu$ive product)

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Good question.

Unlike hydropel, this stuff actually bonds to your skin. That means you need to abrade your skin for it to come off. Hydropel will come off by just using some soap. I will also come off while abrasion because it doesnt bond to the skin. So this stuff will last much longer per application.

"Self-bonding inert polymers present a non-stick CH3 methyl face to the environment with a thin yet strong Si silicon intermediary and a reactive oxygen face which bonds to a substrate’s surface. Hence KSBP creates a high oxygen environment that is hostile to pathogenic organisms such as bacteria, and does not provide nutrients that enable fouling organisms to survive."

Malcolm Chatham

@mchatham

I bought this liquid some time ago and use it in the place of sunscreen and to reduce friction on the skin. It does not wash off unless some of your skin scrapes off. Usually, it is good for about 12 hours in outdoor use, even if you get wet. You still get tan with the KISS liquid, but your skin does not burn.

It is anti-bacterial and so you don't have typical fungal problems. My face is also much better after using the KISS liquid, since I have Rosacea. Also, I am allergic to most insect bites, so a little of this sprayed on them greatly reduces swelling and itching and they go away very quickly. A little goes a long way and I wouldn't leave home without it!

Malcolm

James Mancini

@clownburner

I'm dubious. Their chemistry sounds like pseudo-scientific hogwash to me. I don't see a need to spend that much to solve that particular problem when less-expensive products do the job just fine.

scott burgeson

@drdystopia

Locale: Upstate NY

I have never been able to find a sunscreen that does not make me break out in hives.

I spent many miserable vacations at the beach as a child in long sleeves and pants.

If this stuff actually works as sunscreen it would be a godsend for me.

Does anyone else have experience using this as sun protection?

Keith Kent

@keithkent

Greetings: I am new to this forum and do not know the rules of etiquette for the site. I am the developer of the KISSCARE Ultra Products and would be glad to answer questions and provide references, if that is appropriate for this forum.
    Regarding two previous posts, the following may be helpful:
    1. Science versus marketing hype and pseudo-science – The KISS Polymers Family of materials have been the subject of many university, government agency, and professional technical organization reviews and their refereed publications. There are numerous video and printed presentations from independent sources shown on the "Reference" page of the http://www.kisspolymers.com. These polymers were originally developed for and used in biomedical applications, including for teeth, artificial cardiovascular devices (like artificial hearts and small blood vessels), and wound care (especially burns and bed sores). I am glad to provide additional technical and scientific references via email or post.
    2. Sunscreen: KISSCARE Ultra stops the ionizing effects of the sun on the surface skin, while allowing beneficial light to penetrate through to the underlying tissues. One will usually tan, not burn. It also soothes existing burns and often prevents blistering and peeling. However, its method of action is by having the inert (non-reactive) surface layer not ionize while allowing the light through the surface, not by containing sunscreens. These products also stop chemical burns, wind burn, chapping and chafing.
    3. Skin Sensitivity: KISSCARE Ultra products reduce or eliminate most skin sensitivities. They contain no preservatives, fragrances, or oily lotions. It actually reduces/eliminates common environmental and other allergens from bothering the user.
    4. Science of benefiting user against frictional damage to skin: KISSCARE Products change the chemistry of the outer layer of the surface to which they are applied, like human skin. This inert dry layer exhibits significant reduction in skin friction and abrasion while reducing growth of pathogens (disease-causing organisms). It has been shown to heal bed sores and pressure ulcers on medically compromised patients, as well as being used by many world-class athletes (these materials were first approved for use in Olympic and other international sport competitions in 1989 and are the only drag-reducing polymers to currently be legal for use in FISA sports competitions, including triathlete and similar competitions (which can involve swimming, running, and bicycling all in one race event).
    My intent above is to answer questions posted, not market. Fortunately, the manufacturer does no advertising. Great independent and credible references and very satisfied users are the basis of sales of KISS Polymers products.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Keith

Welcome to BPL.

> do not know the rules of etiquette for the site.
    The main one for you to be concerned about is to make it clear when posting about your product that you have a vested interest in it. Your next sentence does just that, which is excellent.
    You could change your Profile so the line under your name says Kiss Cote Products as well, if you wish.

You might like to explain some things to our readers (and to me too!):
    * Will the Kiss Cote polymer stick to silnylon fabric and work as a seam sealer?
    * Can Kiss Cote function as a Durable Water Repellent on synthetic fabrics?
    * How long will Kiss Cote polymers stay attached to silnylon fabric?
    * How long will Kiss Cote polymers stay attached to other fabrics which have an aging fluorocarbon DWR on them?

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Dudley Connell

@wd1connell

I live in Panama most of the time where the sun can be pretty intense. I have always used an SPF30 or higher (in addition to a hat) to protect my head, but since I started using KissCare Ultra biomedical spray, I have stopped using any other sunscreen. I am not burning. Not only that, but I am getting far fewer mosquito bites when I have applied the spray so I have started using it on my ankles as well.

Chris Chastain
    Spectator

@thangfish

Locale: S. Central NC, USA

Did you come here JUST to testify to that?

Ever go backpacking?

Mark Hurd
    BPL Member

@markhurd

Locale: Willamette Valley

Kent,

Thanks for the informative post. I would be interested in additional technical and scientific references via PM or post concerning the bio-medical uses of your product.

(You can send them via PM by clicking on my name in the left hand column and then clicking on "Send a Personal Message" link just above "All Forum Posts By Mark Hurd" on my profile page. However, posting them on this thread would allow everyone access.)

Thanks,
    -Mark

Keith Kent

@keithkent

Thanks for the wonderful comments and excellent inquiries about the KISSCARE Ultra Products. Again, I remind readers that I am the developer of the KSBP Polymers and their resulting families of products, including KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Products.

Regarding Roger's queries:

1. KISS Polymers bond to virtually anything, including other non-stick materials like silicone rubber, Teflon, and silicone treated nylon (silnylon) and Teflon coated nylon (Gore-tex), even if the existing substrate is worn or the previously applied coatings are failing.
    2. The KISS Polymers stay attached to any material for the life of the surface of the substrate (material, like fabric) being coated. One advantage of our is that they are vapor permeable (they breathe), unlike other similar coating systems like Gore-tex. The life of our coating is determined by the life of the surface to which it is applied. Most healthy human skin turns over its outer surface layer every 10-12 hours, so we recommend use two times each day, unless one is treating damaged skin or mucosa that has a more rapid rate of reproduction and shedding of its outer layer. They withstand years of washings on most good well-made fabrics, and have a ten year life rating in harsh environments by the USN and Raytheon. If the fabric has an aging fluorocarbon coating, then as the coating fails, one may need to refresh those areas with KISS-COTE where the surface it is bound to has shed. To do this, we make cleaning and maintenance products that refresh worn areas and are easy to use at home or in the field.

Regarding Mark's queries:

I will send you a separate listing of references, although many are shown already in the reference sections of our Internet web site, including a most recent study by Harvard. Below is a summary of some of the uses on human skin. KISSCARE is also used to coat teeth, artificial heart valves, cardiac devices and prosthetic blood vessels, as well as on many intravascular sensors. It is used to treat burns, whether chemical, thermal, or from radiation, as well as treating bed sores and pressure ulcers. It is used in many international sport competitions, including triathelon, Iron Man, and Olympic swimming and running, since it is approved for use by the FISA.

KISSCARE Ultra – Nature’s Skin Replacement Promotes Rejuvenation

Medical grade silicones have been used in topical skin care products for more than 50 years. Silicones have repeatedly demonstrated that they are versatile, non-toxic and beneficial as a topical product. However, silicones have had only a modest impact during that same period due to certain unfavorable physical properties, with the tendency to migrate being among the most troublesome.

KISSCARE Ultra self-bonding silicone polymers, and products containing these polymers, have all the beneficial effects of standard silicones while also having the benefit of adhering to the outer layer of the skin in a layer that is only one molecule thick. These self-bonding silicone polymers can effect dramatic improvements in the application and use of silicones on skin, hair, nails, and in wound care.
    KISSCARE Ultra is an invisible artificial polymeric skin product that keeps skin looking young and healthy. KISSCARE Ultra's unique monomolecular bandage creates an environment on the skin that is well-hydrated, well-oxygenated, and easy to clean. Consequently, KISSCARE Ultra rejuvenates and accelerates the healing of damaged skin tissues, including tissue compromised by acne, aging, sun exposure, diabetes, burns, and other wounds and injuries. KISSCARE Ultra can be used in lieu of, or to mitigate the side effects and accelerate the recovery from, peels, laser or microdermabrasion regimens, and for conditions such as rosacea. KISSCARE Ultra eliminates burning, itching, flaking and redness. KISSCARE Ultra has been found to provide relief from the effects of radiation treatments given for oncology and other diseases.
    Bacteria, fungus and viruses are unable to flourish on the skin treated with KISSCARE Ultra. Bacteria thrive in moist and wet environments whereas KISSCARE Ultra creates a dry barrier on the skin’s surface that does not interfere with respiration but essentially deprives bacteria, viruses, and fungus of the moisture they require to live. Bacteria also do not like highly oxygenated materials. The KISSCARE Ultra attracts oxygen to its surface, creating an environment that is hostile to bacterial growth and colonization. As a result, acne and other skin irritations are reduced and skin begins to look better faster, with differences being noticeable immediately after the initial application, and material improvements being observable with each subsequent use.
    KISSCARE Ultra provides a 10-12 hour invisible protective barrier. KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid will not sweat off or rub off.

Using KSBP® technology, KISSCARE® Ultra Skin Care Products' protective coating stays on the skin for several hours and is un-affected by repeated washings. KSBP-based products have been demonstrated to provide distinctive benefits for several personal care and related uses, including:

For Shaving:

KSBP product is effective for both wet shaving with a safety razor and dry shaving with an electric razor. For wet shaving, one lightly wets the skin with the KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid and shaving is completed in the usual fashion, without any other shaving aids such as cream, foam, etc. Some people choose to apply a shaving foam on top of the KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid solely to serve as a marking or indicating media that identifies the area remaining to be shaved.

KSBP product provides lubricity to the skin and the razor blade, reducing or eliminating razor burn and irritation and also reducing wear on the blade. Wet shaving without the use of foam markers also appeals to some people who prefer not have to clean foam residues.

Both men and women notice the cleaner shave they can obtain using KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid as well as the much smoother feeling that is left on their skin.
    To Treat Dry and Flaky Skin:
    The natural ingredients in KISSCARE Ultra replenish moisture without adding heavy oils like other moisturizers. KISSCARE Ultra places an invisible barrier on the skin that provides 10-12 hours of protection from the environment. As the health of the skin improves, its rate of cell turnover slows and there is no inflammatory response. The result is that skin cells stay healthier and there are fewer dead and injured skin cells on the skin’s surface.
    To Alleviate Eczema Symptoms:
    Eczema is a systemic condition caused by a breakdown of the skin's auto immune system. Eczema can be exacerbated by stress and environmental irritants and has been associated with bacterial infections. Stress can compound eczema and cause an overlay of infection and irritation. The condition can be so severe that doctors will prescribe steroids or other medications to alleviate the underlying problems. KISSCARE Ultra helps alleviate the discomfort of itching and peeling associated with eczema by protecting the skin and covering damaged nerve endings, allowing treated tissues to repair and rejuvenate themselves more comfortably and efficiently. An added benefit is the healing can be accomplished without the user suffering damage or soiling to their clothing or offensive medicinal odors common with other skin care products.
    To Accelerate Recovery from Peels, Laser or Microdermabrasion:
    Users of KISSCARE Ultra often find they no longer need to use laser peels and microdermabrasion, which in recent years have become popular methods of removing the top skin layer. These methods burn off the surface layer of the skin, leaving skin tissue red and swollen. Dead and damaged skin tissue remains, causing peeling and flaking that may continue for 7-10 days following an exfoliating treatment. KISSCARE Ultra helps reduce (i) discomfort that can follow a peel and (ii) the length of time skin appears red and flaky. KISSCARE Ultra helps skin exposed to laser peels and microdermabrasion heal faster and with less irritation while placing a layer of 10-12 hour soothing and protective covering over the skin, reducing inflammation and accelerating rejuvenation. KISSCARE Ultra does not contain acids, oils or artificial exfoliating ingredients of any type. Because bacteria do not like the environment KISSCARE Ultra creates on the skin, subsequent infections and other skin reactions common with laser treatment and chemical peels do not occur.
    To treat Oily and Blemish-Prone Skin:
    KISSCARE Ultra helps control and resolve acne-related problems by (i) thoroughly removing make up and other surface material to clear and prevent clogged pores; (ii) providing a 10-12 hour barrier over skin, reducing ongoing injury and helping to promote recovery of the most sensitive and troubled skin since KISSCARE Ultra does not contain acids or artificial exfoliating ingredients, and (iii) barring the formation of bacteria, viruses, and fungus on the skin’s surface. Regarding the latter point, bacteria thrive in moist and wet environments. KISSCARE Ultra creates a dry barrier on the surface of the skin that does not interfere with respiration while essentially depriving bacteria, viruses, and fungus of the moisture necessary to live. Bacteria also do not like highly oxygenated materials. The KISSCARE Ultra attracts oxygen to its surface, creating an environment that is hostile to bacterial growth and colonization. Acne and other skin irritations are reduced and skin begins to look better faster.
    To Treat Aging Skin:
    With aging, the skin undergoes many changes for four basic reasons, namely:
    • The supply of oils produced by the skin diminishes as the glands in the skin reduce their activity. The skin starts to dry and, just like the dry bed of a river, many fine lines and cracks begin to appear. Skin begins to lose its suppleness and elasticity, and can lose its integrity as a protective barrier.
    • With age, the health of skin and its underlying tissues are compromised and impaired from environmental damage, changes in skin physiology relating to aging, and disease processes. Inflammatory reactions occur from sun exposure and the skin’s ability to heal from other injuries slows. Damage from make-up, the environment, and smoking are accelerated, as is damage because the skin is providing no early warning system and has fewer defenses of its own.
    • The dermis, which reaches maturity at about 15 years of age, begins to thin at age 55. The loss of elasticity and changes in the collagen are responsible for the major changes in skin resilience. These changes, coupled with heredity and the effects of chronic injury, affect overall appearance.
    • The epidermal layer (which in the average young adult turns over every 10-hours) starts to allow dead cells to accumulate on its surface, making the tissue look tired and shallow. For many years, it was thought that only exfoliation, using alpha or beta hydroxyl acids, vitamin C and other acids, or laser peels could improve the quality and texture of the skin in order to give women and men a fresher, younger look and eliminate "dead cell build up." In fact, the skin is being burned and becomes inflamed through these measures. The person experiences red puffiness as fresh skin that shows less wrinkles because of swelling of the skin and its underlying tissue.
    KISSCARE Ultra Products work by making tissues healthier and protected from damage caused by natural changes in the skin resulting from the foregoing factors, rather than the conventional burn and swelling associated with acid-based exfoliants.
    To Treat Sun Damage:
    Chronic injury from the sun leads to dry and irritated skin. This can create karitosis and can lead to skin cancer. KISSCARE Ultra allows the sun to shine through since it contains no classic SPF (Sun Protection Factors) so a person can still get the vitamins and other benefits provided by the sun. The KISSCARE Ultra stops the damaging effects the sun causes on the surface layer of the skin with its thin protective layer, enabling the person to tan instead of burn. KISSCARE Ultra will also soothe sunburns and reduce flaking of dead skin common after the burn.
    To Treat Scar Tissue:
    There are numerous reports in the literature of the role of topical silicone for the treatment of hypertrophic scarring and keloid formation. The silicone in the KISSCARE Ultra products has beneficial effects far superior to all other topical silicones when applied to scar tissue. First, it has the advantage of staying where it is placed, whereas most silicones migrate, soiling clothing and leaving an oily film. Second, the ultra thin breathable layer of KISSCARE Ultra does not require external fixation on the skin and leaves no obtrusive residues. Third, KISSCARE Ultra also does not cause moisture to condense as occurs under conventional thicker skin care products.
    KISSCARE Ultra flattens, softens and heals skin and scars, with reduced redness and swelling that commonly follows injuries and surgery. KISSCARE Ultra diminishes itching and other signs of irritation.
    To Mitigate the Effect of Radiation Treatments:
    Used before and after radiation treatment, KISSCARE Ultra eliminates topical burning of the skin that normally follows radiation treatment and its soothing qualities reduce radiation dermatitis substantially, so treated areas appear as healthy as untreated areas, rather than feature radiation burns and scarring.
    To Prevent Pressure Ulcers and Bed Sores:
    KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid places a light, water-based, non-oily monomolecular barrier of protection over skin that calms down the surface irritation and protects instantly. A layer of oxygen is attracted to the surface of the coated skin, helping to promote recovery and rejuvenation. The barrier of protection will not wash off, sweat off, or rub off. KISSCARE Ultra reduces friction, so the patient has less chafing from clothing and dressings. KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid is particularly good for Wet Dermatitis, and works well in troubled areas where moisture usually accumulates, like in the areas of the neck, under arms, and between legs in the groin area where dressings are difficult to apply. KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Liquid is clear, and can be sprayed or rinsed onto sensitive tissues without manually touching tender and sensitive areas. A distinct advantage of KISSCARE over all other healing products is that other extrinsic dressings and bandages are not required.
    Patient Reports:
    The patient below is of fair complexion and had severe sun damage. She presented for KISSCARE treatment after she received 10 days of 5 FU therapy (Efudex). She had such a severe reaction to the 5 FU that her dermatologist discontinued the therapy and tried for 3 days to calm down the inflammation with hydrocortisone.

She used the KISSCARE Ultra Biomedical Spray twice a day for one week. After seven days exhibited a dramatic reduction in irritation and all of the ulcers were healed. The second photograph below was taken on the morning of the 8th day of KISSCARE use.

The patient below is a 26-year-old male who had a scald injury to his face, neck, and upper extremities. He had a combination of first and second degree burns over approximately 9 percent of his total body surface. The first photo below was taken one day after the burn. The patient was then immediately started on a KISSCARE treatment twice a day on his face and neck. The patient noted immediate improvement in his pain and was able to reduce by half the pain medication needed to keep him comfortable. The second photo shows the improvements only two weeks after beginning use of KISSCARE.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Kieth,
    Can you point me to Peer Reviewed papers on your product?
    You mention a Harvard study. I assume there are others.

Thanks.

Keith Kent

@keithkent

Below is the press release describing 3 of the Harvard publications. You will also find in previous posts other refereed publications, not just in biomedical, but many other areas as well. I am glad to provide a complete reference list along with my CV if that is desired by the group.

Harvard Study Recognizes Tampa Inventor’s Polymer Surface Protection –
    Reports on Health Benefits of New Family of Wipe-On Non-Stick Polymers

Tampa, FL, October 31, 2008…KISS Polymers LLC, of Tampa, FL today
    launched an innovative line of healthcare products (KISS CompleteTM) based
    upon the newest formulations of self-bonding polymers (“SBP”) invented by Dr.
    Keith Kent. The announcement coincides with the Annual Meeting of the
    American College of Prosthodontists (ACP) now being held in Nashville, TN. A
    report of studies by The Harvard School of Dental Medicine was just published in
    the ACP Journal about how these wipe-on non-stick polymers protect dental and
    other surfaces (Journal of Prosthodontics 17, 2008, 365-369).
    Kent’s unique new SBP formulations have been designed to be especially
    easy to use while providing superior protective non-stick coatings which can be
    applied to any surface and have been shown to prevent the most common types
    of fungal infections and to reduce their effects once an infection occurs. This
    special coating also dramatically reduces staining, including discoloration of tooth
    fillings, denture materials, and artificial teeth and gums.
    The study that is the focus of this most recent article by Dr. Sang Park and
    her co-authors, which investigated innovative methods to reduce adhesion of
    Candida albicans to denture base resins, concluded that these unique SBP
    polymers reduced Candida albicans adherence to acrylic resins. Acrylic resins
    are the most common material used to make dentures, fillings, and artificial teeth
    and gums. Dr. Park’s report states “Candida albicans is a prevalent,
    opportunistic fungal pathogen…”(disease –causing organism). This fungus
    causes common health-related problems, like thrush and denture stomatitis
    (denture sore mouth). Review of literature indicates this fungus is implicated in
    other common ailments, like eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, diaper rash, most
    urologic and genital infections, and even athlete’s foot.
    Dr. Park’s article also referenced other Harvard studies, which showed
    “Application of SBPs has been a highly effective method of surface coating in
    reducing staining of restorative resins, especially in groups with poor oral hygiene
    procedures.” The SBP group showed the least discoloration when compared to
    control and (dental) sealer groups. Dr. Parks presented her stain resistance data
    to the International Academy of Dental Research (“IADR”) and in another article
    stated “SBPs proved more than twice as effective at reducing stains on dental
    surfaces than the leading dental sealer.” These polymers are also very effective
    at reducing discoloration of tooth colored dental fillings. (Journal of Clinical
    Dentistry 17:134-137, 2006).
    Dr. Park’s presentation to the IADR observed that “The ability of bacteria
    to attach to dental surfaces is a major concern because they release acids that
    cause a variety of oral health problems.” Periodontal (“gum”) diseases have also
    been implicated as contributing to other major health issues, like coronary artery
    disease. Dr. Park, in the Journal of Clinical Dentistry, stated “The SBP proved
    highly effective in both reducing stains and making it easier to clean dental
    surfaces”.
    # # #
    Note to editors: KISS Polymers LLC is a Limited Liability Company founded to
    commercialize the newest SBP formulations. For more information on this
    startling new family of products which prevent fungal infections and staining of
    surfaces, contact:
    KISS Polymers LLC, PO Box 274087, Tampa, FL, 33688-4087
    Tel: 813-962-2703
    Internet web address: http://www.kisspolymers.com
    Email address: [email protected]
    Inquiries may also be directed to Dr. Kent at 813-766-9333.

Keith Kent

@keithkent

Examples of Wound care and other biomedical use references:

Hospitals and related biomedical users

St. Joseph’s Hospital Tampa – Oncology and Radiation Unit, Wound Care Center (for diabetic ulcers and pressure sores)
    Vencor Chronic Care Hospital Tampa – Pediatric ICU for wound care and stomal irritations
    Tampa General Hospital Burn Unit – Pain reduction and scar revision
    University Community Hospital Tampa – Respiratory Therapy and Pediatric ICU
    University Community Hospital Carrolwood – Burn care
    Roswell Park Cancer Center Buffalo Wound Care Team and Radiation Medicine
    University of Alabama Medical Center Department of Plastic Surgery- Scar revision
    Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory – in new intravascular sensors, fruit and vegetable protection (both growing and after harvest)
    Veteran’s Administration Hospital Philadelphia – artificial saliva, treatment of radiation dermatitis and stomatitis
    Harvard University – dental disease, staining, and tooth sensitivity
    University of Louisville Medical School – inhibition of pathogenic growth in culture
    University of Louisville School of Dentistry – stain prevention and toothbrush abrasion resistance
    Gryphon Analytic – Manufacture of protein and DNA analytic devices
    Gentra Systems – Manufacture of protein and DNA analytic devices
    Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education – stain prevention and improved dental hygiene
    Big Cat Rescue – Wound and eye care
    Calspan Advanced Technology Center Buffalo – improve flow in small diameter vascular devices
    Meadox Medical – small diameter vascular devices
    Greatbatch Inc. – cardiovascular devices
    University of Washington Biomaterials Research Group – preventing platelet aggregation and thrombogenesis

Examples of Refereed Publications and University Testing

“Candida albicans Adherence to Surface-Modified Denture Resin Surfaces”; Sang E. Park, DDS, MMSc, Ryan Bissett, DMD, Srinivas M. Susarla, DMD, & Hans-Peter Weber, DMD, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterial Sciencew, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
    “Scientific Breakthrough In Skin Care”, N. Schirm, MD News, 1999

“A Discussion of the Role and Benefits of Silicones in Topical Therapy on Skin”; LW Luria and K. Kent, Key Issues in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Karger 2001 vol.17, pp 130-142

"Regarding the Safety of Silicone Breasts Implants", L. Luria; W.L. Carter; K. Kent; M. Mician; M.B. Habal; FMA Journal, Vol. 67, no. 6, , June 1991.

"Retrospective Study of 38 Patients with Custom Prefabricated Silicone Implants for Contour Deformities", L.W. Luria; K. Kent; K. Murphy; and N.Schaff,
    Roswell Park Memorial Institute Research Reports, State of New York University Press, July 1982.

“New Silicone Gel Improves Patient Compliance”, http://www.naturalskincare.com/silicone.htm
    “New Self Bonding Silicone for Skin and Wound Care”, L.W. Luria, Safety Issues in Plastic Surgery

“Polydimethylsiloxane as a Barrier to Dental Staining and Bonding”.
    T. K. TAYLOR* L. GETTLEMAN, C. H. DRISKO, and L.J. GOLDSMITH.
    (University of Louisville, School of Dentistry, Louisville, Kentucky 40292 USA) International Academy of Dental Research, 1999

“Self-bonding Polymers as Surface-coatings of Restorative Resins to Prevent Staining”. S. Park, S. Nagai, and H.P. Weber, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA International Academy of Dental Research, 2004

“Wetproofed Catalysts for Use in Nuclear Reactors”, P. Seto, Atomic Energy of Canada Research Reports, 1986

“Self-Adhesive Polymeric Coatings Have Non-Stick Surfaces”, R. Seltzer, Chemical and Engineering News, October 14, 1985

“Silicones Just Won’t Stick”, K. Dean, Aerospace Materials, Technical Insights

“Coatings Innovations”, K. Kent and J. Fell, The Construction Specifier, 1993

“More Than A Pretty Face”, Editorial Board, The Construction Specifier, March, 1991

“Non-Toxic Silicone Polymer Promises Tooth Protection”, Dentistry Today, 1990

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

apologies, because it seems like this product may actually be pretty amazing, but in reading this thread, i just can't get this tom waits song outta my head:

Step right up
    Step right up
    Step right up
    Everyone's a winner, bargains galore
    That's right, you too can be the proud owner
    Of the quality goes in before the name goes on

One-tenth of a dollar
    One-tenth of a dollar
    We got service after sales
    How 'bout perfume?
    We got perfume
    How 'bout an engagement ring?

Something for the little lady
    Something for the little lady
    Something for the little lady, hmm
    Three for a dollar
    We got a year-end clearance, we got a white sale
    And a smoke-damaged furniture
    You can drive it away today

Act now
    Act now
    And receive as our gift, our gift to you
    They come in all colors, one size fits all

No muss, no fuss, no spills
    You're tired of kitchen drudgery
    Everything must go
    Going out of business
    Going out of business
    Going out of business sale

Fifty percent off original retail price
    Skip the middle man
    Don't settle for less
    How do we do it?
    How do we do it?

Volume, volume, turn up the volume
    Now you've heard it advertised, don't hesitate
    Don't be caught with your drawers down
    Don't be caught with your drawers down
    You can step right up, step right up

That's right, it fillets, it chops
    It dices, slices, never stops
    Lasts a lifetime, mows your lawn
    And it mows your lawn
    And it picks up the kids from school
    It gets rid of unwanted facial hair
    It gets rid of embarrassing age spots
    It delivers a pizza

And it lengthens, and it strengthens
    And it finds that slipper that's been at large
    Under the chaise longe for several weeks
    And it plays a mean rhythm master
    It makes excuses for unwanted lipstick on your collar
    And it's only a dollar, step right up
    It's only a dollar, step right up

'Cause it forges your signature
    If not completely satisfied
    Mail back unused portion of product
    For complete refund of price of purchase
    Step right up

Please allow thirty days for delivery
    Don't be fooled by cheap imitations
    You can live in it, live in it
    Laugh in it, love in it
    Swim in it, sleep in it
    Live in it, swim in it
    Laugh in it, love in it
    Removes embarrassing stains from contour sheets
    That's right

And it entertains visiting relatives
    It turns a sandwich into a banquet
    Tired of being the life of the party?
    Change your shorts
    Change your life, change your life
    Change into a nine-year-old Hindu boy
    Get rid of your wife

And it walks your dog, and it doubles on sax
    Doubles on sax, you can jump back jack
    See you later alligator
    See you later alligator
    And it steals your car
    It gets rid of your gambling debts, it quits smoking
    It's a friend, and it's a companion
    And it's the only product you will ever need

Follow these easy assembly instructions
    It never needs ironing
    Well it takes weights off hips, bust, Thighs, chin, midriff
    Gives you dandruff, and it finds you a job
    It is a job

And it strips the phone company free
    Take ten for five exchange
    And it gives you denture breath
    And you know it's a friend, and it's a companion
    And it gets rid of your traveler's checks
    It's new, it's improved, it's old-fashioned
    Well it takes care of business
    Never needs winding
    Never needs winding
    Never needs winding

Gets rid of blackheads, the heartbreak of psoriasis
    Christ, you don't know the meaning of heartbreak, buddy
    C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon
    'Cause it's effective, it's defective
    It creates household odors
    It disinfects, it sanitizes for your protection
    It gives you an erection
    It wins the election

Why put up with painful corns any longer?
    It's a redeemable coupon, no obligation
    No salesman will visit your home
    We got a jackpot, jackpot, jackpot
    Prizes, prizes, prizes, all work guaranteed
    How do we do it
    How do we do it
    How do we do it
    How do we do it

We need your business
    We're going out of business
    We'll give you the business
    Get on the business
    End of our going-out-of-business sale

Receive our free brochure, free brochure
    Read the easy-to-follow assembly instructions
    Batteries not included
    Send before midnight tomorrow, terms available
    Step right up
    Step right up
    Step right up

You got it buddy, the large print giveth
    And the small print taketh away
    Step right up
    You can step right up
    You can step right up
    C'mon step right up
    Get away from me kid, you bother me

Step right up, step right up, step right up
    C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon
    Step right up
    You can step right up
    C'mon and step right up
    C'mon and step right up

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

I don't think I have a big enough shovel to work my way through this.

But if sheer quantity of verbage is any indication, Kisscare products must be outstanding.

I'm out of here.

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

"verbiage"

you should at least wade through the terribly amusing tom waits song lyrics

:)

Keith Kent

@keithkent

I appreciate the fact we make materials that sound much like something from a snake oil salesman. That is why I answered questions and provided credible refereed scientific references. You are also welcome to read the science and technical sections which are written to be easy to understand and describe how and why the materials work as claimed, along with ways of comparing them to competing products. You can also find independent videos and reviews on the Internet.
    I am glad to provide any additional information, and I appreciate the courtesy of members, as well as understanding their disbelief. Fortunately, what we do is based upon new (yet credible) science and has been reviewed by the best experts in every field we present. I apologize if our materials sound unbelievable. However, I hope my answers to forum member queries were worth consideration. Probably our best credentials include our references and the fact our business succeeds on favorable independent scientific, technical, and industrial expert reviews and referrals from satisfied customers. We do no advertising, and were solicited to present our information to your group by a member of your forum, someone I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting in person. Thank you all for your patience and interest. Let me know if there is anything else we can provide. Meanwhile, I hope I have not offended any of you.

With warm personal regards,

Keith

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Cary,
    I appreciate the lyrics.
    Thanks.

It's the "baffle them with BS" approach that I don't have time for.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

I must admit I was skeptical of the claims, but I googled the term Kiss Polymers" and it turned up a large number of sites.

I am now wondering if KissCare possesses other abilities not mentioned? For instance, if I used mixed it in a spray bottle solution, could I use it as both a herbicide and a fertilizer, when I do trail maintenance? I think that perhaps it would fertilize the mosses, lichens, and wildflowers, but at the same time would kill the noxious weeds, brambles and poison ivy? I have been looking for an all-in-one solution for some time now.

What is the running length of that Tom Waits song?

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

i hope you didn't take offense – i was tongue in cheek (as usual) & did apologize in advance :)

it really does sound like a great product – but that song did honestly creep into my mind and tickled my funny bone :)

per this video of tom waits performing the song, running time is a bit over 7 minutes

YouTube video

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools