Topic

2016 JMT trip teaser video.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 2016 JMT trip teaser video.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Hey all.  I finished the JMT on Sept 12th.  Here’s a short little teaser video.

JMT Teaser Video

I’m still recording the rest of the soundtrack, so I’ll finish the full length video after that.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Looks like a great trip! I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the video, the teaser brought back some great memories.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Very nice.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Thanks!  Was an amazing experience for sure.  btw, I’m not sure whats up with the 4 minutes of black screen on the end….ill fix that later.

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Nicely done video Christopher. Which dates did you experience the stormy weather shown in the beginning of the video, or did those clouds just burn off? We had 14 days of mostly sun on the JMT, though we did miss a big dump of hail and rain by just one day at the beginning.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Thanks Lester!   That storm hit 9/11 around 4pm-ish.  Only lasted a few hours, and left some fresh ice on top of Whitney.   It was FREEZING when I summited at 6am  on 9/12.    I met 2 other guys up there who said their nalgenes froze.    The rest of the trip averaged mid 70’s during the day and perhaps low 40’s at night.  Pretty nice.

When was your trip?    Mine was 8/24 to 9/12 (spent 2 days at VVR)

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Aug 23 through Sep 5th, but we did an extended start and departed early over Bishop Pass (180 miles total). Had we not needed to exit early, we would have been climbing Whitney about the same day you did it. Pretty nice weather indeed late August to early September.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

It’s possible we passed eachother on the trail.  Yes, we certainly lucked out with the weather.  Although I kind of enjoy the rainy days.  Keeps it exciting :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools