Topic

2016 Gossamer Gear Mariposa

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2016 Gossamer Gear Mariposa

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

I have the previous version of the Gorilla (2015) and really like it. It begins to show it’s limitations around 25lbs though. I always refer my “traditional” friends to GG packs when they’re looking at transitioning to lighter gear because of all the bells and whistles they have. It doesn’t surprise me that the weights of their packs continue to increase. It seems to me they’re making more of move into the mainstream market. I’m sure that within 5 years they’ll be widespread in REI’s. GG definitely seems the most corporate/business minded of the current cottage manufacturers. I see them moving into the UL/LW market that Big Agnes has a strangle hold on in the shelter world. I don’t see this as a bad thing.

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

I welcome the changes. You can’t have a full-suspension, reasonably durable pack with above 40 L capacity for much less than 2 lbs. Better to have a working frame at this weight than a frame that doesn’t really work for 4 oz or 8 oz less. If you want a frameless pack, you can get an MLD pack or something for under 1 lbs.

tom lakner
    BPL Member

@lakneremu

Locale: midwest

Hi asndy,

I recently  bought a large belt from GG for $20 that almost fit my Mariposa Plus. I had to do a little ripping and a little sewing but essentially the stays werere perfectly spaced to fit into my old pack.

This made a huge difference with the staays now grounded to the hipbelt.I will be using the pack a whole lot more than i have.

BTW its the large belt for newer than 2011 packs. I think I got my pack in 2102.

TomL

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools