I am interested in getting a SUL pack. Should I consider the 2009 MLD Revelation or one of the ZPacks? Has anyone have any experiences these packs?
Topic
Which SUL Pack?
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Happy Zpacks Blast 26 user here…but only a few days use so far. They are very feature rich for their weight.
I, sort of, have both. I have a 2008 Revelation which doesn't really correspond to the 2009 version. For SUL it is absolutely my favorite pack, but won't carry much, if any, over the rated 13 pound limit. Great for a 3 day hike or even 4 in summer. The Blast 26 seems huge in comparison and I like it when I'm carrying bulky items like extra pads in the winter. For camparison, the 2008 Revelation seems to feel like a better carry, but often that's because of weight difference in it rather than the pack design. Either is an excellent quality pack.
I love the older Revelation but I haven't used the Z-pack or the new Revelation
You know, if I were buying today and with my tiny summer loads, I'd go for the Zpacks Blast or Zilch. Lightest weight.
But MLD makes beautiful gear- every time.
I have a Zpacks Z1 with a sternum strap and waistbelt. I love the construction and the design. I have yet to put it through a real test, but I have used it with minimal gear is some winter outings (major gear – kitchen, tent, food, etc. – in sled pulled by scouts. It is quite comfortable. Mine comes in at 5.29 ounces, but I'll probably remove the sternum strap and waist belt – that will cut off an additional ounce.
Become a member to post in the forums.

