Topic

Most expensive?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 5:02 pm

What's the most expensive single piece of gear you've ever purchased?

I *think* ours was the Nallo2.

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 5:07 pm

The most expensive I can think of was my Gregory Shasta for $260, tied with my Arcteryx Gamma SV softshell, MSR Lighting Ascent snowshoes.

Adrian B BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Probably my new locator beacon (MT410G) at $855 NZD. And most likely I'll never actually use it :)

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Outside of my desktop and laptop, it comes in at:

ID MK1 XL: $330 (on 40% off sale, down from $550) and 1995 Marmot Col, $300 used from a friend. After that it is my Double Rainbow and Marmot Hydrogen.

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 5:16 pm

>Probably my new locator beacon (MT410G) at $855 NZD. And most likely I'll never actually use it :)

Hey Adrian, a few months ago a good friend of mine ended up using his when trapped in a snowstorm on Mt Pisa. It sure seems like it was a good investment in hindsight (and of course he's bought another one to replace it).

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Oh yeah, I think the Nallo was around US$450-500 plus postage. It was a 'shop-soiled' special, but was really in perfect shape. We don't regret the investment.

Dana S BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 8:37 pm

My Arc'teryx Alpha SV Shell. About $500 in 2003.

Other than that I would say my Soul Bivy Side Zip from MLD with the specs maxed out ~$400. I had to get the Larger size.

– Dana

Joe Kuster BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 8:41 pm

It was a present from the wife but $599 for the Garmin Oregon 400T.

Unless your willing to count my industrial sewing machines that I use to make my gear ($2,200 x 3).

Jay Wilkerson BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 9:35 pm

It has to be my Nunatak Alpinist (custom) at $574.00!!! I hope my wife does not see me CC statement. I have not recieved it yet-it better be the best bag in the world-EVER!!

jj BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 9:35 pm

soon to be a ula ohm for 130$
until then though, a jrb 8×8 for my hammock i got for fifty bucks.
being a dirt bagging college kid is awesome.

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I'm thinking it was my Dana Designs pack, can't quite remember the model, I think it was the Stillwater? but it was an ArcFlex. $435 if I remember correctly.

Of course this doesn't include backcountry skiing gear; I don't remember how much my Atomic TM24s' or my Scarpa T2s' cost, but it seems they were pushing $500 each. Dynafit AT setup was even worse.

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 10:06 pm

I'm with Scott: AT Ski Gear. Goode Skis + Dynafit bindings and boots.

But that doesn't count, this is backpacking…

Probably my McHale SARC mountaineering pack…I'm not even going to tell you, but I currently have a car for sale that I'd happily take less money to sell than what I paid for that pack.

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Come on now Ryan, ski gear counts. Backcountry skiing is just like backpacking, you just wear REALLY BIG footwear and have more fun going downhill! ;)

PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Ah the McHale. I'm jealous Ryan. I'm about to start the ordering process, and I know it will take the top spot on my list when it's all said and done.

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedFeb 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Yeah, I think ski gear tops the list. Even our NNN-BC stuff was pricy.

Cheers

PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 7:13 am

Supplies for my down quilt. $110.

I got my ULA Conduit and MLD tarp used and my Lekis were bought at 50% off. Making your own gear and buying used rocks! Especially as yet another poor college student.

Technically the most expensive thing I bring along is my camera. Nikon D40 with the 18-55/55-200 kit. I paid about $650 for it. Hurray for a college fund (I decided to take a photography class and the camera became a school expense) and sales at Amazon!

Sometimes I feel like I spend way too much money on gear and have way too much. Thanks to everyone whose posted and made me feel a little less guilty! :D

Adam

PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 7:39 am

This thread just made my day. I thought I'd spent way too much money on backpacking gear, but now I guess I'm a lot cheaper than most folks here.

Let's see… my TNF Beeline sleeping bag is probably my most expensive piece of gear at around $150 (got it on a very nice sale). Eventually I'll probably get a WM bag, which will most certainly double the price of my last big purchase.

Robert Carver BPL Member
PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 7:50 am

Has to be my Western Mountaineering Big Horn with over fill.
I think it was $650.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
Loading...