Topic

Official Wish List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Official Wish List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Santa,

I would like a G6 made of sturdier materials. Maybe something that comes in at 7.5 oz. give or take a little? This might actually bring it in at a lower price point too.

What is on your list?

Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Let’s see. I also want a Snow Peak 600 Single Wall w/ no handles.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I would like to see BMW re make their old Arc X bag and also come out with a cocoon version.

J R

@ravenul

Earth toned Granite Gear Wisp in a 3000ci form factor and with side pockets.

Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Hmmmm …

How about an all titanium MSR windpro and some revised tech to make the canisters lighter but still affordable.

Or

an all titanium extreme stove that is much “slimmer”.

Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Drop Stoppers Micropore Rainsuit in 2XL …

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Michael Asked:

“How about an all titanium MSR windpro and some revised tech to make the canisters lighter but still affordable. Or an all titanium extreme stove that is much “slimmer”.

How much lighter a WindPro would make you happy and I think you are asking the same for the Xtreme? One thing you have to “suck up” the weight of on the Xtreme is an extra ounce or 2 for the that Mag Casting/Canister Connector for the PowerMax on the Xtreme.

Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Hi Bill. Just doing a little dreaming and helping the UL Gear Manufacturers with there market reasearch with what a few of us (fanatic is such a harsh term. :) LOL) desire from them.

I’m sure changing the castings on the exteme would be more economical than machining comparable parts from Ti. Could they use a really cool plastic and make it less susceptable to temps? Probably wouldn’t matter and their lawyers would never allow it.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

How about ultralight poles (stix or lighttrek plus) which break into two or three pieces for travel. Yes, the user hacks for the lighttrek suggest how to do this, but it would be nice if they came with a proffesional finish.

–mark

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

I have milled the Mag?? casting down to where it is under 1oz. That is light but I also thought about making a new casting that would only be “just” what is absolutely necessary. I just don’t see a practical reason to go to all that work to maybe save another 1/2 ounce.

I can save more weigh in another area of my gear list much easier. I have reduced the stock weight of the Xtreme by over 50% as it now burns. I ordered some Titanium rod for legs but the Ti turned out to weigh a little more than the Aluminum prototype.

I am working on another design for the legs.

Primus of Japan?? has a lot of interesting looking stoves. Does anyone know where you can buy them “on-line”?

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

I would like to buy a couple different Primus stoves but can’t find a web site that will sell and ship to the US. I haven’t had any luck finding a place here that sells what I am looking for.

Anyone one have any ideas??

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Mark Verber: Titanium Goat recently redesigned their Goat Poles. An internal ferrule makes it possible to split into 2 pieces. At 6oz and $130, they’re worth a look.

My wishlist isn’t too complicated:
    -A generous-length raincoat at 8oz or less.
    -A Quantum windshirt with a 2-layer hood and a legitimate 1/2-length zip.
    -A running-worthy pack, about 1500ci and less than 12oz, with everything I need and nothing I don’t. I’ll spare you the details :)

-Mark

Anonymous

Contact the source. See if they can help.

Anonymous
    David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

A helium filled backpack :P

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I cant beleive I forgot, I want to see a NANO poncho tarp and pack.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Santa:

This will add hardly any weight to your sack… I wish for a titanium lid for my Snow Peak 600 cup.

And I promise to be nice to EVERYONE on this (and other) backpacking forums! Thanks in advance!

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

An Epic (or eVENT clone) version of the new Tarptent Rainbow that still comes in at under 2 lbs.

New surprises from Ron Bell at Mountain Laurel Designs in the shelter and pack depts.

An RBD VB suit that comes in at under 6 oz.

A Randonee ski set-up (skis, bindings, boots) that weighs less than 10 lbs.

A stripped down MSR Windpro ( sure, bring it out in Ti) adapted to take Powermax fuel canisters

Coleman Powermax canisters in a smaller than 170g size. for above

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

hmmmmm…

kevin I doubt MSR is going to make their prouducts compatible witht coleman canisters, but mabey they could make their own canister with a similar technology as the Xtreme…

Ben Lyon

@dynamo

The rebirth of GoLite’s Day pack.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

The legs, lungs, and knees I had when I carried food drops for groups on the JMT in the late 60’s.

David Spellman

@dspellman

Ryan Faulkner:
    I would like to see BMW re make their old Arc X bag and also come out with a cocoon version.

I’m not sure why — you can get the same bag done by Nunatak (and cheaper). Nunatak will make the Arc X variant (they call it something else, I think). The main differences between that and the standard are the height of the baffles (2.0″ in the Arc X rather than 2.5″) and the amount of fill (Nunatak usually adds more fill, but did the Arc X to Ryan’s specs).

There’s always the Fanatic Fringe quilt done in Delta, which should be close enough to whatever Cocoon is coming from BMW…

David Spellman

@dspellman

From Ben Lyon:
    The rebirth of GoLite’s Day pack.

But at the published 10 oz of weight rather than the 13 or 13.5 ounces that actually shipped.

Laurence Daniels
    BPL Member

@gnr

Locale: Boston

I’d like a cure for this lightweight fever I’ve contracted.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Partner, when they start a twelve step program for this I’m sure my wife will do an “intervention” on me. Just be glad you don’t have the lightweight bicycle disease too.
    There’s a pair of wheels I’ve been eyeing but I’m about five grand short…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools