Topic

Ugh.. bigfoot.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Ugh.. bigfoot.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rich Steixner

@neognosis

Hello all,
    Please indulge me. I am currently having a heated debate with some people about the reasons that bigfoot most likely does not exist. Anyhow, one person insisted that bigfoot is "often" seen by backpackers. By backpackers, says I? Then I explained that I am one of said backpackers, and even though I live on the East coast, and bf is supposed to be in the PNW, I pointed out that I have never seen a post about seeing bigfoot on any backpacking forums. I was then challenged to post an inquiry about the imaginary animal, with the assertion from the bigfoot believers that it would surely open up a deluge of reports.

Well, anyone see bigfoot?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

ummmm….Shaq, on TV, size 23…

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

Big foot does exist and I have many credible friends who have seen it. They can even be a nuisance like bears. One stole my friend Danika's sandwich. While I have never seen one we did smell one once and it unmistakeable. The dogs freaked out and we bugged out. Ali I Believe

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

I am still working on my modified combo Bigfoot/Unicorn PCT bag method – just have to figure out how to stop the Leprechauns from eating through my knot stick.

My horn can pierce the sky! -Michael Scott

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I saw a scary movie about Bigfeet in East Texas when I was a kid……….and I probably still kind of believe. We're the only continent without monkeys or gorillas, so why not. And I know a guy (who I believe) who swears one ran across the road in front of him 35 years ago, here in West Texas, and stepped over a 3 strand barbed wire fence. Scariest guy I know, and he was scared when he recounted it. Of course, he drank more than anyone I know, so I guess I should take it from there. I like the idea of an unknown animal that we can't find though.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

bigfoot

Luke Ochsenbein

@lukeochsen

Locale: Ozarks

"I am still working on my modified combo Bigfoot/Unicorn PCT bag method"

You just need to make sure and use a silver carabiner…or is that for werewolves?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Maybe Less Stroud is the guy you need to talk to.
    He's been around a bit.

I heard Less Stroud is so tough he stuffed Bigfoot into a quart-sized ziplock.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

When Bigfoot goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Les Stroud…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I've got a couple of friends that smell bad, don't shave very often, and wear size 13's. Does that qualify 'em?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Snapped this up north a few years back. Only known photo in existence. Bigface rarely shows himself.

Bigface

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

"When Bigfoot goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Les Stroud…"

Check the Bigfoot sites. I believe that I saw a posting on there that Les himself had an encounter! Scared him scatless!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools