Topic

18.8oz MYOG framed pack carrying BV500

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 18.8oz MYOG framed pack carrying BV500

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

poof!

nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

Tried a different approach with this one.

Full wrap belt with floating stay pockets. Shoulder straps attached directly on frame too. Adjustable torso length.

The canister is held by two straps connected directly to the stays at the lower point. Sideways slippage is controlled by the two bottle pockets and their straps. Couldn’t find my UL bottles for the pic!

I would imagine it simple to substitute the bear can with a dry bag, Ursack, packraft, etc.

Probably a 35 L upper pack, made with X21.

Just about 18oz. Doing a roll top instead of the pictured cinch would likely add an oz.

Loaded with 25lbs it transferred as much weight to the hips as one would want. I’d expect reasonable comfort up to 35lbs (if the thing holds up!)

Going to the Sierra this summer!

nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

More pics on my Flickr feed

Image 5-21-17 at 17.36<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Looks great Nunatak! How does it carry when loaded with 15 lbs of gear up top, along with an empty bear can? And is the waist belt contoured so that when buckled, the lower circumference is larger than the upper circumference, so it wraps form-fit around the top of wide hips – looks that way in the photo?

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

That looks really substantial, especially for 18 ounces. Nice job.

nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

Yeah, the belt is contour tapered. The foam is EVA, but thin.

It’s a pretty nice pack in all kinds of different configs. Frames/belt helps a lot when things are less than ideal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools