Topic

Light size 15 hiking shoes?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Sharon Bingham BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 12:27 pm

I've been trying to get a very large (tall – 6'7") friend of mine excited about ultralight backpacking.

His biggest complaint? HEAVY hiking boots!

He takes a size 15 shoe, and I tried doing some looking of my own. The usual suspects (for example, Roclites and Namches) don't seem to come in sizes that large…

Anyone know of any solutions?

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I think the only two out there are the Hardrocks and the Velocity.

PostedJan 16, 2009 at 1:43 pm

New Balance makes several trail runners and some light hikers in size 15. They make a wide variety of widths, too.

Nia Schmald BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 1:48 pm

How about new balance? They have size 15s in some of their trail runners? Try the 909 or 874.

Edit: Whoops, Daniel beat me to it.

Sharon Bingham BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I took a look at the NB site. Their light hikers still seem a bit heavy to me… I'll take a closer look at the trail runners…

Also – does anyone know if manufactures list weights for shoes as a PER SHOE measurement, or as a PAIR measurement?

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Inov-8 size 14 are US size 15 I have a pair of Terroc 330 and have been happy so far.

PostedJan 16, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Don't hold your breath on the Inov-8's. I wear a solid 14 and they are tight all the way around. They work, but won't for someone with a legit 15.

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 9:59 pm

I do wear a real 15. Try a pair from Zappos, free shipping either way. Might fit you. Aisics now offering up to size 16.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Loading...