Topic

Eastern PA BPL Christmas Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Eastern PA BPL Christmas Hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Joe Geib, Brian Fitzmartin, Chris Shive, & I got together between Christmas and New Years for for a 16 mile winter hike along the AT in PA near Harrisburg PA. It was a foggy, icy day, but we had a good time talking about gear, technique, and our favorite/future hiking spots.

Here's a photo of us having lunch at the Peter Mountain Shelter and getting to know each other.

Chris, Brian, Tom & Joe at the Shelter

Here is a link to the photos and trip report.

The Eastern PA BPL Group

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Tom,

Thanks for getting the time to post the TR. I had a great time knocking out another AT section. I think the pictures did little justice to the amount of crusty ice that was on the trail. I also don't think that you got enough pictures of the fallen limbs and trees along the trail. It seemed that the trees and limbs only fell along the trail, not in the adjacent woods.

Sorry about hitting the deer; it was his fault, I think the deer was drinking.

christopher shive

@cms432

Locale: Along the AT in PA

Tom,

Thanks for posting the trip report. The photos are excellent. As I read your comment about me living on the AT and having to shovel snow off it…..that reminds me I gotta do that right now! As a recent converter (actually still in process) to lightweight backpacking, it was really beneficial to meet with you guys and actually see/touch some light or UL gear. I look forward to doing more of these trips in the future.

Chris

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Glad you guys liked the photos. Yeah, sometimes it's hard to remember to take some photos. Feel free to add comments to the photos and fil in anything I forgot.

How was the hike you three had planned for this morning?

Chris, It was nice to talk about things with you also. Keep up that trail maintenance and good work with your scouts.

Tom

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

We all bailed on the hike this past weekend. Besides weather concerns, we each had other personal issues that got in the way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools