Topic

A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 126 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Alice Hengst
    BPL Member

@moondust

Locale: Southern Sierras

Your Type is
    ENTJ
    Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    22 25 62 33

Whatever that means. It didn't ask a question about whether I care what this means.

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i think the bulk of backpackers would be INTJ's to a degree given the nature of the hobby. gadgets, analysis, isolation, resourcefulness, and self reliance are core components of backpacking. anyone can walk in the woods, but to do it for days on end alone with all your gear strapped to your back… that's a different animal all together.

my profile:

I – 11%
    N – 38%
    T – 62%
    J – 11%

Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

Locale: New England

ENTP

Extrovert – 1
    Intuitive – 100
    Thinking – 1
    Perceiving- 22

I found my scores interesting and pretty dead on. The fact that I scored a (1) in two categories, Extrovert and Thinking. I am an individual who is energized by others and being extremely social at times, also I am quite content to be introverted for extended periods of time. Also I believe that I do go back and forth between thinking and feeling with relative ease. Also its pretty bad ass I scored a 100! :)

My girlfriend (backpacker) is another INTJ

There is another thing called BrainTypes. Here is the questionnaire below. It used to be free, and the interesting thing about it was they would have a corresponding BODYTYPE that went along with your brain type. I found that very interesting and accurate.

The questionnaire below is free, it gives you your results with a brief description and corresponding jung-meyers, see if you match up, I did. Wish they still had free access to Bodytype section :(

http://braintypes.com/questionnaire.asp

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I taught psychology in high school for many years. Carl Yung is a pioneer in psychology and for me that's where it ends. I have found absolutely nothing scientifically based in Jungian psychology and even less merit in his philosophy.

That's why I avoid any test based on Jung's ideas.

Meyers-Briggs is not bad but quite outdated and has been morphed into many personality "tests" like "True Colors.

Based on my own observations I've found a wide range of personalities among backpackers, almost as wide as the general population – excluding psychopathic personalities, that is.

J. Lopes

@jay_nj

Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    22 12 62 56

Viewing 5 posts - 126 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools