Topic

Sublite features – request for feedback

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sublite features – request for feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Henry, if you're still looking for input on the Tyvek version, I would like to see the front window/vent be enlarged to match the size found in the Silnylon version. That way you can have views out the front (plus looking up)without adding a screen to the side entrance.

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

Thanks, everyone, for all your input. The next iteration of the Sublite will have a mesh door. I've come around to think that the added pleasure is worth the 1-ounce bump. We'll be out of Sublite stock (but not Sublite Sil) for the next month or so.

-H

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

How about making it with some non-noseeum mesh for increased airflow?

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I too would like the increased air flow, but… There are folks who might be using this tent in areas where really tiny buggers would be able to get through a heavier mesh.

The Sublite, at present, has a total of approximately 10 square feet of screen. The mesh door would add about an additional 2.5 square feet. That's quite a bit for a one person tent.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools