I vote yes for a mesh door and a rain porch on the Sublite-Tyvek, the same features as on the Sil.
I vacillated between getting the Sublite-T and the Sublite-Sil and in the end bought neither. I was attracted to the Tyvek model because of its breathability and resistance to condensation, but the lack of door netting and rain porch killed the purchase (nor could I convince myself I'd fashion my own).
I want the ability to open the tent for views yet be protected from bugs (I've never liked being in a closed tent). Only during the heaviest rains will I cover the door netting on my Virga and Squall.
If I were looking for a super minimalist setup I'd still be using a tarp. I'm no fan of extra features or weight, but for the tarptent design I consider door netting and rain porch to be just this side of essential. The door netting in the case of Tyvek may be more a subjective desire for views than the need for ventilation, but the porch would be functional for rainy day in/egress and cooking.
Obviously, this is a hard call. Having met Henry once I know he likes to create elegant designs with minimal but essential feature sets at a fair price. And though the hard core could cut away the "extras",* if raising the price of the Sublite-T pushed away people who otherwise wouldn't buy a TarpTent, that would be a loss to all.
[* Heck, if I wanted to save weight I'd first take a knife to the bathtub floor – my other TarpTents don't have them and I've never felt the need. Actually, using a separate groundsheet as floor is more versatile – when the weather is fine you can sleep under the stars without carrying extra ground cover.]