Topic

Not running in trail runners

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedDec 20, 2008 at 9:33 pm

I have been living a lie for the last few years. I keep buying trail runners for hiking in but I never run in them. I am 6'5" and find my usual lopping gait is what a lot of people jog at. Am I a bad person? Should the shoes be taken away from me? Should I just be buying some sort of walking shoe instead?

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedDec 20, 2008 at 9:54 pm

No, walking shoes will only slow you down! Plus they'll make your feet look big LOL! I'm 6'3" size 15, trail runners for me.

PostedDec 20, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Ditto. I only walk, but the trail runners are comfortable. I heard I could do a size 14 in Merrell (compared to 15 on Vasque), so I picked up a pair of Brett's old boots off the gear swap. They were too small and ended up as a donation to Soles 4 Souls. I went back to the Montrail Hardrocks. Yep, size 15 here too, but only 6'1" on the vertical.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedDec 21, 2008 at 8:04 am

Well I am sorry they did not work out for you. I can get by with 14s for trail runners in the summer with a thin pair of liner socks on but come the winter I have to move up to 15s for the wool socks. I think I will stick with trail runners because they do let my feet breath better than anything I have owned except for my Chacos. Sorry again that they did not work out for you.

PostedDec 21, 2008 at 9:22 am

I too almost always walk versus run. But it is nice to know their design was for running. Sometimes you need to pick up the pace or jog a bit. I use size 11 Terrocs. Nice fit with thin socks with laces pulled tighter. Comfy fit with Rocky Gore-Tex overstocks and thick socks with looser lacing.

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedDec 21, 2008 at 10:29 am

Yes Brett, you are a bad person. And at size 15, a BIG bad person. Sorry, but somebody has to tell the truth here…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...