Topic

eastern pa day hike dec 27

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips eastern pa day hike dec 27

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

Locale: philadelphia PA

any one intersested in a day hike on saturday looking to do about 15 miles.i would to hike towards port clinton ,havn't finished that section yet. or from 625 to duncannon about 13 miles

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I may be interested in joining you for that day. I guess some of it is weather-dependent.

If that Port Clinton section is PA 183 to PC, I still need to do that too, or are you talking about Hawk Mtn Road to PC?

With the Duncannon section, do you mean PA 325 to Duncannon?

christopher shive

@cms432

Locale: Along the AT in PA

I'd be interested in either hike.

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

183 to PC that's what i meant.i think 325 to dunncanon would easier thuogh.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I'd like to tag along regardless of the location, but would prefer the PA 325 to Duncannon section since I've done the Port Clinton (a.k.a. Cabela's portion).

Joe, thanks for alerting me of this hike. Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun.

Tom

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

i'm cool with 325 to duncannon.let's try to pick a meeting time.personaly i like to start early 8:00am

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

That may be cool with me too.

If we end in Duncannon, does that mean beers, burgers and fries at the infamous Doyle Hotel?

christopher shive

@cms432

Locale: Along the AT in PA

8:00 am works for me. And beer at the Doyle sounds just fine as well. I've lived in Duncannon all 24 years of my life and I've never been inside the Doyle.

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

8:00 am saturday at the parking lot at the clarks ferry bridge.would any one mind if i bring my dog.don't forget to bring some blaze orange it's flintlock and archery season.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Brian,

Is this the location? (input 40.396367, -77.007517 into Google Maps).

I guess meet at 8am, and shuttle to the other end?

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

thats it .

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

hey joe can send out some PMs to get phone numbers .i tried to e-mail you twice but something is going wrong. im not a member so i can't PM anyone thanks

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

PMs sent to all who commented on this post. I'll need cell #s and email addresses. Maybe some of us can carpool too?

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

After the climb out of Duncannon, the trail is almost level all the way to Peters Mountain Shelter. The trail is especially wide and level after that pass.(PA 225) It is one pass that is level on both sides and there is ample parking there. Hiked through there in October during the World Series.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Last chance for anyone else to join Joe, Brian, Chris, & me on a hike near Duncannon, PA tomorrow. We'll be comparings some lightweight gear and exchanging experiences.

Tom Willcox

@bakwudz

Locale: Eastern PA

Would love to join you guys and finally meet everyone, but I don't think my out of shape bod can do 16 miles right now–need to work myself back in with some shorter hikes.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Tom, You're welcome to join us for half the hike. PA 225 bisects this hike. You can join in at either the beginning to halfway, or halfway to end. Think about it.

We're meeting at 8am tomorrow. PM me if you want more info.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools