Topic

Forget Bushbuddy – We Want FREE Merino Wool…

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedNov 18, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Reading that other thread about the Bushbuddy… we shouldn’t be quarreling with the Brits — what with our ‘special relationship’ and all.

I say we TAKE Australia instead. Imagine free supply of merino wool — and easy picking if we act NOW!

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Ben
This is not fair at all. Our Navy (both vessels) will be resting for three months to give the sailors some time with their family. So you want to invade. Let me tell you we still have a very capable Air Force ( I saw all three of them yesterday, boy they are fast).
Besides I know where you live and I have " family " over there.
Franco
A mate of mine is testing right now some new Merino gear including a top without any seams at all. They are made here for a Danish firm . As soon as I know more I will let you know.

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 3:43 pm

G'day

Can you imagine future technology terra-forming the vast uninhabited Ozzy hinterlands?

Lets face it, whether in a century or five, the world authorities will kill many birds with one stone and let that area be 'bailed out' via underground super-sonic trains implementing mass migration from China.

:^)

Randall Dee BPL Member
PostedNov 18, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Forget the Merino, I need a new pair of Blundstones! I only got 6 years out of my last pair, and that from almost daily use. Total crap!

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 4:16 pm

That top sounds VERY interesting, please do let us know the details on it whenever possible. I now use merino exclusively, even in July/August as nothing is so comfortable for me, anyway.

There are a LOT of Aussies here on the BC coast for skiing and they can party well. I wish they would send over many more "Shelaghs" from those topless beaches they have, kinda class up grey old Vancouver!

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 4:33 pm

Thanks goodness the Ozzies are taking the heat on this one. Those yanks really wouldn't want to mess around with the New Zealand armed forces!!!

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Forget our navy ship (boat?), our harsh conditions are our best protection from would be invaders. We have hardly any starbucks and very few lawyers’

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Allison
Last time I visited the NZ Consulate here in Melbourne they still had the Helen Clark poster, the one with the caption "Don't invade, all our women look like this" . What is the next plan ?
Darren
That is why I wrote "vessel" from memory a ship has to be longer than 3 meters.
Franco

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Franco
At least with all this climate change talk our sailing boats are now back in fashon.

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 5:54 pm

Darren
I am only at 2 or 3 m above water level as it is….
Ben deserves a free jar of Vegemite for starting this one.
Franco

PostedNov 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm

>> Ben deserves a free jar of Vegemite for starting this one.

Is that a reward or a punishment :)

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedNov 19, 2008 at 1:38 am

You're welcome. Kings Cross awaits you. Just bring your credit cards…

Cheers

PostedNov 19, 2008 at 4:23 am

Well, on the subject of rip-offs, Vegemite is but a weak copy of Marmite………..

Arapiles . BPL Member
PostedNov 19, 2008 at 4:56 am

It's a tastier copy of Marmite … and was originally named "Parwill" … get it? That's what happens when you let government scientists name products.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedNov 19, 2008 at 7:07 am

I would take it so we could lift the ban on Vegemite here in the States. You can get Marmite anywhere but they ban the Vegemeite. I got a deal worked out with some some guy here from Adelaide who gets his relatives to ship over the big jars but it should be easier.

I have some relations still around Greymouth so we could always rent a boat and do an invasion ala' Bay of Pigs' style or at least Revenge of the Nerds II. But I don't think the Aussies would notice or mind if we did. I am sure they would give up the country if someone would take Perth off their hands.

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedNov 19, 2008 at 9:11 am

Vegemite? That's as foul as Italian beer. Franco knows what I am talking about. :)

PostedNov 19, 2008 at 11:22 am

OK, who started the Vegemite/Marmite war???? There can be no winners in that battle!

I would compare Vegemite more with Australian beer than Italian beer. In fact, isn't Vegemite a by-product of Australian beer production?? That would explain why Marmite made from NZ beers is so far superior to Vegemite!

PostedNov 19, 2008 at 11:48 am

I'm the guilty one…..

And how many of the readers of this thread have any idea of what we're on about?

(Oh – Vegemite would lose!).

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedNov 19, 2008 at 11:59 am

> I would take it so we could lift the ban on Vegemite here in the States

Check your facts.
Vegemite is not banned in the USA and is imported and sold in the USA.

> do an invasion ala' Bay of Pigs' style
Ahhh… as successful as?
But you are welcome to come via the Gulf of Carpentaria. Chuckle.

Cheers

Blue _ BPL Member
PostedNov 19, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Now you've done it, Roger. Now all the North American Vegemite lovers are going to seek it out and buy it all up. Sigh. Marmite is a lot easier to find, however and I kind of like 'em both. I grew up eating two kinds of similar US made products, Vegex and Savorex, so maybe it's a taste best acquired in youth. I usually take a small container of somesuch of the above backpacking with me–a little goes a long way, for me, anyway.

Hmmmmm: Marmite, Vegemite, Savorex, Vegex—I wonder who stole which from whom?

#!%$!!!, why the heck am I even writing about this–nothing like a pile of papers to grade to drive me to checking the BPL posts.

LIBERTAS+PAX PACIS

PostedNov 19, 2008 at 12:49 pm

I have to confess I like both Vegemite and Marmite. I hope I don't get deported for admitting this. I like most version of the 'yeast scum from the bottom of the beer barrel'.

PostedNov 19, 2008 at 1:21 pm

I thought you people were kidding when you were talking about yeast and beer dregs. But what on earth is it? So I googled "vegemite" and found a thorough and sickening description of it in Wikipedia, plus a lot of comforting details like: "The billionth jar of Vegemite was produced in October 2008."
Eating cottage cheese and pringles on toast doesn't sound nearly so odd anymore. Sometimes with raisins!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Loading...