Topic

Komperdell Nature Stick Carbon Trekking Poles Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Komperdell Nature Stick Carbon Trekking Poles Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Sweet but a tad expensive. Still though, I might buy these!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Hey Ken, I think you should save your $ and buy some more stoves. But the Komperdells do look nice..I will stick with my Komperdell C3's.

Ryan Dunne

@donryanocero

Locale: Humboldt

ooo spiffy. I'm surprised they're still so light with all the bling.
    I think I'm still going to pick up some of the Gossamer Gear poles though..
    thanks for the review.

Chris Chastain
    Spectator

@thangfish

Locale: S. Central NC, USA

Beautiful!
    Where can you get them?

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

Good review – those are some impressive poles.

But having to solicit from German or Russian websites? I can only assume that you guys got the reviewed poles through your partnership with Komperdell for STIX manufacturing? Are they considering making these available to US retailers, or were they just teasing you guys with a "look what we can make!" set?

You've got me thinking though – I believe my ideal poles would have Leki or BD tips, Komperdell bamboo/carbon shafts, Komperdell foam grips, and the BPL lightweight wrist straps.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

These are real cool looking poles- I saw them on there website last week.
    http://www.komperdell.com/en/stock/touring/snap_lock/175_2501_10.php#
    Komperdell are rep'd in the US by a company in Washington called Camaro 1-253-867-5735. Close to the REI distribution facility- Komperdell makes REI's poles.
    I talked to them on Monday about an unrelated item and today I reached their answering machine (must be at lunch).
    I'd love to have a pair of these but I don't think I'd like to pay the price.

Chris Chastain
    Spectator

@thangfish

Locale: S. Central NC, USA

Hey, the way the Euro / Dollar exchange rate is going, these might be a real deal before too long!

I'm hoping anyway.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Hi Jason,

No- these were reviewed as any other items we review: we contact the company directly to review products. You are right that Komperdell manufacturers our Stix poles but that's a separate deal. I requested these poles myself and have no connection with the retail side of BackpackingLight; we keep that very separate.

At Backpacking Light we often review items that are not in the US market because of our international readership and because we're constantly searching for products that our readers might find interesting. You're right that these poles are hard to some by, as are other fine European products like Terra Nova, Rab, Lightwave, Montane, and others. I know these poles are available because I found them on several sites myself and just did the same again. Of course you could buy something that's easily available in the US but in the flat world of globally-available products and easy international shipping, you really get to pick and choose what you like.

If you decide these are the right poles for you and you track down a pair, you will certainly have something that's unique. I love gear like that, but it's certainly not for everyone.

Have a great read!
    Doug

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

>If you decide these are the right poles for you and you track down a pair, you will certainly have something that's unique. I love gear like that, but it's certainly not for everyone.

I was able to buy a pair of these sticks direct from Austria here. They arrived in PA in only four days by UPS. It was a no hassle transaction and the total price to my door was actually a couple bucks less than the MSRP of $142.

Don't fret over the fur strap description… they are leather. However they lack the Komperdell embroidered lettering. I see that as a bonus myself! They do have the Komperdell info on the poles themselves, but it is very subdued.

I haven't got out with them yet. They just arrived, look and feel great. No, I haven't weighed them yet ;-)

Bernhard was a pleasure to deal with and emailed my info in English as soon as he realized I was from the US. Good people to work with!

samurai

PS: As always Doug, great review! Thanks for the heads-up.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Thanks Sam- good find! I'm glad you were able to track down a pair. Great lead for our other readers too.

Enjoy!

Doug

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools