Topic

NEWS 10/24/08: BPL to Suspend Print Magazine Production, Will Refocus Energy to Online Content Development

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info NEWS 10/24/08: BPL to Suspend Print Magazine Production, Will Refocus Energy to Online Content Development

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Miller
    BPL Member

@nmiller08

Locale: Montana

Somewhat off topic, but this article mentions that Peter Vacco was the first person to hike the great divide end to end. I've seen this credited previously to Dan Cooper (who recently got some press coverage for his endorsement of Obama despite the fact he founded and owns (owned) Cooper Firearms of Montana). He's well known locally and I think hiked the great divide in the early 80s, perhaps over the course of a couple years. I don't know the details and haven't been able to find much information on the "full" trail online, such as complete hikes, times, etc. Also, I don't own issue #1. Is Cooper's claim bunk? uninformed? Just curious.

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

Ryan and staff and friends, while I am incredibly sad to see it go I understand completely. I have helped launch and run several magazines in my life the the amount of work is unbelievable. We used to sort 10,000 copies right in our living-room what a PIA. You are going in a good direction that all will surely follow. As we prepare to leave on a round the world trip we will unfortunately miss lots of what you have to offer but I hear there are Internet cafes in some of the most remote parts of the world. In regards to the printed mag, you cant fit a ten pound parcel into a two pond sack. Tnaks again to all you guys for a great site. Ali

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Can't believe that I paid for three subscriptions yet did not receive the last issue because my subscription expired in October. 3 times 4 is still 12, but my issues end at 10 . Not fair.

Paul Corcoran

@walksindark-2-2-2

Is there any way to enlarge the text on the digital magazine? I have great difficulty reading the text as it is.

P.S. More than 30% of the U.S. population are now 40+ years old, so this issue really needs to be addressed.

Thanks!

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Paul –

The + sign in the menu bar works pretty well.

Joe Westing

@pedro87

Ken-

You should contact BPL customer service. I had a similar problem and they gave me the correct number of issues that I paid for. Because of the print mags many missed deadlines, the dates are pretty much meaningless.

Dustin F

@dirtt

Locale: So. California

Maybe I missed it in this thread, I forgot what the email had said. When do we receive our checks or store coupon as reimbursment?

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Hi Dustin,

You should have received an email with a special promo code for the discount. I think they must check to make sure you had a print subscription, and then mark you off the list once you use it.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools