Topic

bandanna/packtowel-whats best?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear bandanna/packtowel-whats best?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

deleted

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i find that a bandanna is too quickly saturated, and even after wringing, it looses it's ability to wick and hold liquids. maybe it's just the wicked thin ones i bought in a 5 pack years ago. they are great for tasks that don't require drying. i carry a Sham-wow type product with me to dry my skin or hair after a dip in the stream.

Chris Chastain
    Spectator

@thangfish

Locale: S. Central NC, USA

Those fake chamois-type towels (like shamwow) are the bomb.
    You can get them for about 2.50 ea shipped on ebay, and they are made in Germany just like the shamwow ones. I use them cut in half, at about 1.25oz and it's plenty big to dry my whole body, tarp walls, whatever, quickly and completely. Even wet, after wringing out, they absorb almost the same amount of water as when completely dry. Try it at home in a measuring cup. Feels real nice on top of my FlexAir pillow at night, too. Soaks up the sleep slobber!

Pack towels are so hard to handle (they roll up in your hand when wiping) and mostly too small, and won't absorb anywhere near as much water. I hate them.

I always wear a bandana on my head or neck and use it for a pre-filter and pot lifter. They are cheap and the bright ones are great for hunting season. The buff thing might be better. Always wanted to try one, but I have all these bandanas around.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools