Topic

Trowel – which one?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trowel – which one?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

On somewhat of a whim (and based on recommendations here and elsewhere), I picked up a QiWiz Big Dig. Probably a case of gear addiction, but on the practical side, it can scoop much more dirt than then tent stake I've been using.

While I just got it and haven't used it yet, I do think that a concern of mine was unfounded. I was worried that the thing metal would dig into the heal of my palm, but fortunately, Robert anticipated this and has put a few thicker layers of coating (sort of a rubbery paint) over the end of the handle. Provided the coating is durable, it seems this will be very comfortable, and a nice—if somewhat superfluous—piece of kit.

P.S. To help prevent losing this luxurious loo tool, I attached a loop of 2mm Glowire to it. It was a little tricky feeding the line through the small hole in the handle, but I did manage. The loop makes it easy to attach to the outside of your pack, either with a carabiner or simply a lark's head knot. Maybe if that hole were a little bigger, it would offset some of the extra weight from the cord. :)

Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools