Thanks everyone.
Looks like I can't pass up the great coupon through Backcountry.com
Question now is "Which Bag" (again)? At least this time money isn't the issue… and GEAR IS!
WM Ultralite LONG
– 6'6 fit
– 1 lb 14 oz
– 17 oz of loft
OR
WM Apache REGULAR
– 6' fit
– 1 lb 16.5 oz
– 19 oz of loft
1. I'm 5'8 so the regular would probably fit me better.
2. The Apache has an extra inch and 2 oz of down (not wasted in the length either)
3. The Apache is 2.5 oz heavier
I'm most likely going to be using this bag for 3 season camping in the Sierras, San Jacinto, Joshua Tree and I'm a cold sleeper so I don't mind the colder rating of the Apache.
By the way, a customer rep at Backcountry.com was AMAZINGLY crazy enough to go to the warehouse and weigh these two items for me AFTER I asked about the WM website versus Backcountry weight spec discrepancy. Absolutely amazing guy.