Topic

Pinhoti Trail Alabama

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Pinhoti Trail Alabama

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

Some pics from AL. If you live in the southeast and haven't hiked in alabama you are missing out…
    Photobucket

Plane crash from the previous summer I think 2 people died.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Bob and me
    Photobucket
    These are some older pics circa 2002 and were taken with a canon elph aps and scanned into my mac.
    Bob Craig Six and me
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Ghosts on Film?
    Photobucket
    Notice my super cool and useless blue gaiters
    Photobucket

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Thanks for sharing the photos. Although it's nice to get completely immersed in nature and removed from civilization, I do find it interesting to see the vestiges of life in these remote parts. You have to wonder what life was like for folks, and what the story was on that rusted truck.

My dad (a retired dairy farmer from western PA) thinks that lots of the former firlds and pastures have gotten overgrown, and reverted back to young (albeit, unattractive) forests.

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

Well I don't know the story behind the truck I am however 95% sure that it is a 54 or 55 ford panel delivery. It probably just broke down one day and they left it there. all the parts worth anything are long gone.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Hi Jesse,

Good pics. Seeing those "old style" looking pics, a voice in my head sed, "Couldya play some Lynard Skynard pleeese?"

Sweet Home

Free Bird

Britt Strickland

@trakmak777

The plane crash actually happened in the 7o's, and according to the ranger it was a dad, his wife and daughter. The father broke his leg while the daughter and wife went to camp creek and pinhoti merger to get help.

Daine Scott

@daine-scott

Great pics Jesse. And the place is so mesmerizing. Being close to nature is just the thing one needs today in unwind. I am hiking this year for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools