Topic

Lightweight eVent jackets with pit-zips–do they exist?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight eVent jackets with pit-zips–do they exist?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    P S

@petesull

I understand that a "lightweight" eVent jacket with pitzips and a couple pockets would be at least 10 – 15oz. But I'm looking for an eVent jacket that's under 15oz and has pitzips. I can't find any.

Ideally it'd have a couple hand pockets, and the perfect jacket would have an internal chest pocket–but honestly I'd be happy with under 15oz with pit zips.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

The Montane Quick Fire jacket has high venting pockets that would act similar to pit-zips. Plenty features and only 11oz.
    http://www.montane.co.uk/productdetails.php?productid=120&rid=11

P S

@petesull

I did see the Quickfire. It is very similar to what I'm looking for. I'm wondering how well the pockets vent without letting in water.

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

In heavy rain my Gore-Tex paclite jacket which has venting pockets only let’s in rain in the open pockets if it’s blown head on by the wind. In light rain I leave them open. I find these types of pockets great and we had a debate about eVent jackets needing or not needing vents not long back. I used an eVent jacket for two years and had no venting. One of the reasons I chose my new jacket was the need for venting pockets. I have not used the Quickfire but am sure my experience with my jacket will point to it working for your needs.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Quickfire review here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/2007_montane_event_quick-fire_jacket_review.html

Best jacket I've ever owned. Sometimes I choose a lighter jacket, but this is the one that I choose most often. Here in the Pacific Northwest it's often warm and wet- if you're not wet from the outside, you're wet from the inside. But not with this jacket- it's genius! I had a Integral Designs eVent jacket before but I found it was too short- the drop tail is fantastic. Anyway- check the review and you'll get a better idea.

dj

P S

@petesull

Doug: the first thing I did was check BPL for reviews. The review is very helpful.

What do you think about the side vents? Do they they create good airflow with movement? When open, are they letting water in?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!