I normally wear a 30/30 pant and suspect a 34 waist on the size small may be too big even with extra layers on. Anyone with a 30 waist and these Cocoon pants have any advice?
size S is 30 x 34
size XS is 29 x 33
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
I normally wear a 30/30 pant and suspect a 34 waist on the size small may be too big even with extra layers on. Anyone with a 30 waist and these Cocoon pants have any advice?
size S is 30 x 34
size XS is 29 x 33
My true waist is about 30", inseam 34". I've got a pair of the medium Cocoon pants and they're fine esp with a layer or two underneath. My wife who is smaller than me wears them to sleep in sometimes too and they're passable for her.
What do you intend to use them for?
I'm looking to keep my legs warm when less active in camp (late fall, early spring) …. they would be worn over long johns and/or convertable nylon pants and I would sometimes tuck 1 baselayer shirt in there too.
-and also to extend the range of my sleep system.
So Chris, you wear a 30 and the 35 waist of the medium isn't too loose? How much stuff are you wearing between you and the waistband?
I'm confused. Isn't the cocoon small a 29-30 waist/30-31 inseam? http://www.bozemanmountainworks.com/?do=showpage&id=18.
I want to get this straight as I'm also a 30/30 considering the cocoon with the 20% discount.
Thanks,
nia
See http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/cocoon_sizing_chart.html
Size S is 34 waist x 30 inseam
I don't know what's up with the sizing but the medium isn't too loose on me. I'm usually wearing just bike shorts underneath or maybe a pair of smartwool lightweight bottoms and some wind pants. I don't use them much in true winter conditions because of no full side zips so I'm not wearing a ton of stuff under them.
OK, so someone has to show me how these pant sizes work. I take a size 32 or 33 pant..but there is no way a small UL60 would fit me is there? Is the sizing chart the actual inches of the garmet or the "pant size"? Looking to pick up a pair for myself and a buddy…both @ 6'2" and 185 lbs. Any help?
I searched the older posts but found no direction.
Thanks!
Edit: Chris, when you refer to your 30" waist. Is that a measurement of the circumference of your waist? Or do you mean you take a size 30? There is a difference, right?
I had the same thought about the Cocoon UL pants and this sale, but with a 30 inseam and 31-32 waist (while not stretched), I didn't want something hanging off me either.
BPL staff…could you provide some input here?
Thomas –
I wish I could provide you more insight but I haven't attained a pair of the Cocoon pants for myself (I'm haven't justified replacing my year old Montbell UL Thermawraps yet).
Sending a request to customer service may get you results but I know at this time they are VERY busy doing shipping and receiving for this immensely popular sale.
My apologies for not being of more help,
Sam
I wear size 30 waist pants and that's about my true waist measurement in inches too. At 6’2”/185lbs you sound about my dad’s dimensions and he is usually a size up from me in clothes. He can be a medium or large depending on the garment while I bounce between small and medium myself (5’11”/155lbs) and my wife is an x-small or small (5’6”/110lbs). Technically the pants are probably slight short (my actual inseam is 34.5”) but for my usage it’s not an issue. The pant waistline stretches and cinches quite a lot and I could certainly get the size small pants on but the mediums are the “right” size for me I’d guess.
Again I'd refer to this for sizing more than that BPL page. I dunno what’s up with that one.
http://www.bozemanmountainworks.com/?do=showpage&id=18
Hope that helps somewhat,
Chris
Edit: If that wasn't clear, at 6'2"/185lbs I'd probably get the large which is what I'd get for my dad if I was buying for him.
Excellent info! Thanks Chris,
They should have a link to your post from the UL60 page instead of that sizing chart! :)
No problem. I took a gamble on the medium size in the initial presale and they've proven to be quite a good size for me and my family. Everyone can get them on in a pinch and it makes a good basis for picking a size up or down from there :)
I have a 34 waist and usually buy a 36 inseam. I have the size L UL 60 pants and they fit me fine – not too baggy.
These pants are super warm, I love 'em.
Sam,
Thanks for the feedback, and for forwarding the request. Unfortunately, the small & mediums UL 60 Pants are now out of stock (I bet the staff is busy this week). Oh well, I was still debating the purchase, so now my choice is easy.
I read the chart carefully and ordered what I thought should fit. It's tight. My waist is 29-30, inseam 29-30. I bought the XS which said clearly it should fit me.(W33 Relaxed;W37-38 Hips 42-44); I'm a little disappointed to find the buttocks is tight when I bend over, squat down etc. Unfortunately the S is now out of stock (again, as usual). I fit into the XS but think I'll be stressing the seams whenever I bend over/squat, etc. so eventually I'll overstress the seams on them. Since I realize I'd have to wear them very carefully I'll probably return them or sell them online and search for somebody willing to part with a S. I have Patagonia Micropuff side zip 14oz S that fit fine, so I guess I don't NEED them now, but 6.8oz sure would be nice. Bummer.
My advice: Don't trust the sizing, size up slightly.
Become a member to post in the forums.