Topic

What are these little containers called?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What are these little containers called?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

REI doesn't carry these tiny containers any more. They are really handy for Sportslick and ibuprophen. I'd like to find some on Amazon or elsewhere but I don't know what they are called. Any ideas?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

can look up Lip Balm container too on amazon. lots of choices

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Got a few of these from a local store that went out of business. They are from http://www.Lacons.com, PN 150600 (0.33 oz, ). They make all sizes. They are not leak proof, but they hold thick stuff like sun screen well enough. I put one along with my lip balm in a small zip lock just in case, kept in the shoulder strap pocket of my backpack. Here are some I found online: http://www.lacontainer.com/containers/standard-containers/la-cons Les

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Matthew, While I have some of those containers, you might want to try plastic art paint containers, like this: http://www.lacontainer.com/containers/noveltyunique-containers/la-pods I paid $2.00 for a set of 20 or so at Blick Art, but I'm sure you can get them at any art store. In the link above, the better picture is the one for the embedded video; they are usually 8-10 pods attached together but it is very simple to cut into individual pods. I've had no problem with the lids coming off of them.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Les, you nailed the exact model. Thanks. Nice price, only $.19 each. The minimum quantity is a little more than I need. You want to split an order with me? 150600

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Nice call on the paint containers. I've made a request over on Hammockforums in the Dutchware forum. Dutch has a great track record of stocking stuff when requested. I'll update when I hear back from him. ::fingers crossed::

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

US Plastics has them $.23 each $11 shipping to my house :(

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

And they are ok but too thick. The lacons are much better, imo.

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Found a site that sells the Lacons individually, though at a higher per unit price than Lacontainer.com: http://www.esdplasticcontainers.com/Lacons-Containers_c_11.html Matthew – given the huge minimum quantities on the Lacontainer website, I'll pass for now on a bulk order (mine are still going strong anyway). The paint containers look OK too, but with less height & size options. I like the ones that are half and inch or so high as they fit better into small backpack pockets or pants pockets.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Small screw top containers are easier to find. If there is a local store that carries "essential oils," they will proably have a bunch of small containers too.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Someone at Hammock Forums mentioned The Container Store. I have one near my house and just about peed myself when I found the right aisle. Case closed.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

Nice find. Next time I'm in PHX I'll have to stop in. I'm a sucker for small containers.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

They are $1 apiece at Container Store. Dollar General sells a three pack for about $1 and they are separate colors.

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

I read somewhere (can’t remember) that for small quantities of things that are balm-like to use a contact lense case. You two containers in one. Haven’t tried it yet.

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

I was struggling to find those as well, but came across these, they’re a little bit smaller but the screw top is more reliable … http://amzn.to/241GCn8

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools