Topic

Forum Issue

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Tucker
    BPL Member

@beartoothtucker

Last night the forum threads now go from newest post to oldest post…Is this an issue? Is there some way for me to set my preferences to allow the first post to be the original post?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

nm

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Click on the sort by box on the to pf the thread. It happens once in a great while.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Directly above the top post of a page is a selection box for Sort By. Somehow it gets toggled. (Not by you. BPL voodoo is suspected.) Modify it. Click on Recent Threads, and look at a Different thread. Go to the thread of interest and see it the order is to your liking. Good Luck.

Ryan Tucker
    BPL Member

@beartoothtucker

thanks…if it had been a snake it would have bit me.

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

Using the sort option brings up a new page saying "The specified forum thread no longer exists or never existed." Anyone having this issue?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> Using the sort option brings up a new page saying "The specified forum thread no > longer exists or never existed." That usually means the thread has been deleted, for violating BPL posting rules. Cheers

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Or only viewable to MLifers

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

When I use the sort option on this thread it does it too. Edit: Now it's bringing up this: "Compass Broken? The page you were after (unspecified error.html) is lost in the woods. You may have followed a bad link or mis-typed a URL. That’s most likely what went wrong. For now, you may want to load our home page, try a search (see the upper right for the search box), or get in touch to ask for what you're after." Edit 2: After I get the thread no longer exist page, if I go back to the top, click Community, find the thread again, the chronological order is now switched.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Edit 2: After I get the thread no longer exist page, if I go back to the top, click Community, find the thread again, the chronological order is now switched." Yes, that's normal behavior.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Yep. happens to me all the time. And that's exactly what happens when I toggle it back to the other way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools