Topic

BPL Winter Meetup Michigan (December)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips BPL Winter Meetup Michigan (December)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Folks, It's been 2 years since the very successful BPL snow shoe Trip to Pictured Rocks. Location will be either Manistee River Trail or Hoist Lakes. I am free the 1st and 3rd weekend of the month. Reply back here if interested. Cheers, Stephen 1

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

I'm in. Would prefer the 1st or 2nd week.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Andy, Those dates are perfect for me :-) Have you got snow shoes, if not I can loan you a pair.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Yawn…. Anyone interested? No snow shoes for me. I'd guess there won't be to much snow, but could be wrong. Maybe a good excuse to order some. Still could use a good winter jacket to.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

No replies at all Andy. I can loan you some snow shoes as have a couple of cheapo pairs I got in Meijer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you ever have any in January, i'd be game if i could find cheap plane tickets ahead of time. But the date would have to be very set for me to consider and preferably at least a 3 day thing. I'm looking to experience some more extreme cold, and you seem like a cool guy Stephen.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Justin, Thanks very the kind words Justin :-) It would be great to have you along, maybe if folk know we have a visitor from afar then more may attend. I am open most weekends in January so far (until wifey starts booking stuff) For flights MBS (Saginaw) is close to me, Flint is an hour away and Detroit is 2 hours.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

Stephen, I should be available the first week of December..

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

That's great Rob.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I would actually really like to do a northern winter BPL trip. I have always wanted to go but even living in the northern Midwest for 40 years I've never been…. Not sure if I could make it happen, but if you guys pick a weekend maybe I could try to make it work???? Flights seem awfully cheap after the holidays. And February would be easier for me….perhaps if anyone just wanted to do a second trip, too……

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Jen, I can easily do a trip each month. All of February I am free so far except for the weekend of the 12th as I will be big 40.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

aw stephen, you're just a kid! Well cool then! Let me see if I can grab a 3-4 day weekend and block it.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cool :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the info Stephen.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Folks, Winter is getting close, first proper snow for my area is due this weekend.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

How does the first weekend in February sound?? I could fly out Thurs or Friday and fly home Sun or Mon, depending on what your schedule and the route would dictate. I've got it temporarily blocked…..

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Sounds good to me Jen, let's tentatively go with that weekend for the Feb trip. Happy days :-)

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Folks,

This weekends trips is not going ahead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The more i think about it, i doubt i’ll be able to make it out there though part of me would like to.

I have family in MA, so to get my cold fix, i’ll probably go to the Whites in NH, which is a bit closer and can get there cheaper.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Totally understandable Justin. If it was me I would do the same.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

No problem, Stephen, if it doesn’t work out it doesn’t work out.  Thanks for your organizing efforts!

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cheers Rob :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

If i had or made more money (or if it was closer), i totally would come out Stephen.

Most of the time, i don’t mind being poor, but sometimes it sucks.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cheers Justin :-)

I must get to Maine myself some day.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Did someone say Pictured Rocks? :) Yo Stephen, you still hanging around this side of the Atlantic?

While I don’t think we can make it over to the mainland, we’re planning to go to either Pictured Rocks or the Porkies sometime around December 19-22. I’ve done far too little camping this past year (life gets busy) but have a renewed determination to get out there.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools