Topic

1.1 ounce tenkara

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 1.1 ounce tenkara

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

For comparison, the Diawa Kiyose line is the next closest in terms of weight and collapsed length. The 36 SF (11.9') weighs 2.7 ounces, collapses to 15.6", and costs $155. The 30 SF (9.9') weighs 1.9 ounces, collapses to 15.6", and costs $135. From experience I can tell you the Kiyose SF series are outstanding rods. But I have to admit these two rods are intriguing just for the form factor. The protection tube is a much under-appreciated bonus. The Tenkara Rod company has an excellent reputation for quality of product, listening and addressing design issues, and warranty. About the weight … there is a lot of streamside stuff that will easily overwhelm the uber-lightness of these rods. It should not be your deciding factor. (What makes this Exclusive to BPL?)

Dave T

@davet

I would support that Kickstarter, but I'm waiting to get my DVD from the Death Valley hike guy and all my packrafting DVDs (and bonus, stretch-goal "Ultralight Backpacking" DVD!) from Ryan Jordan. It should be any day now.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

What is exclusive about this linked deal? What discount or coupon is being offered?

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Exclusive rule limited to venders per Roger, Ryan, and 9thCCA. "On the other hand, if you are reporting on what could be a good deal you have seen somewhere else, not connected in any way to you, that is usually OK. " I've been following this Kickstarter project and might buy one. Perhaps some hoarding going on here seeing there's an untouched unseen by me rod waiting at home. Actually… scratch that. Three rods allow for me and kids to fish at the same time. Easiest mental gymnastics ever.

Dave T

@davet

"Usually" okay. So don't push it. Just because YOU think a link laboriously hand-coded and tiny-URL'ed by you feels "exclusive" (as in "this URL exists in space and time only on BPL") doesn't necessarily make it so. Also, cool fishing pole.

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

I'm actually interested in the rod and have followed the Kickstarter for a few weeks now…However, I don't see any coupon/discount for BLPers to make this exclusive for us. Are we really calling URLs exclusive now? Sorry guys…I just ruined this BLP elusive link. I copy pasted the URL (http://tinyurl.com/BPL-GEARDEALS-EXCLUSIVE) into a website I manage from home and hosted the very same 42 character string from my own web server…Clicking the link from my site loads just fine. How is this exclusive to BLP again? It's a cool rod but this argument that a URL is exclusive in any way is asinine. Edit…sorry to be an ass but I wanted to make a point about how stupid this is

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Doesn't it only have to be a BPL exclusive deal if posted by an agent of the company who makes or sells the products? -Tim

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Yes Tim. "Gear Deals The Gear Deals channel is offered as a service to BPL members. It allows for announcements by vendors subject to certain conditions: Items MUST be relevant to light-weight backpacking and BPL Commercial postings require full disclosure of affiliation Such postings must represent a DEAL for BPL members, in the form of a discount or coupon which is UNIQUE to BPL members, not just available to anyone via a web site or where-ever. Kickstarter announcements do not include a BPL-specific DEAL and do not qualify for listing. On the other hand, if you are reporting on what could be a good deal you have seen somewhere else, not connected in any way to you, that is usually OK. We reserve the right to delete unacceptable postings."

Dave T

@davet

wow, some stuff really flies right by some people. woooosh!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

I did miss the earlier mention of the rules. Oops. -Tim

Anonymous
    Inactive

"wow, some stuff really flies right by some people. woooosh!" Perhaps, but it's even more apparent that some folks didn't have mothers that taught them manners or consideration of others, or they just couldn't or didn't get it no matter how much it was taught or exampled. Takes some basic ability to experience felt empathy and not just cognitive empathy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools