Topic

Commercially Available UL Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Commercially Available UL Kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

7 pounds total. Available from ProMountain Sports in Seattle. All you add is your choice of kitchen acessories, stove, and personal items.

http://www.promountainsports.com/upk.shtml

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

That webpage is old. The Golite Breeze was discontinued about 3 years ago, and some of the other items are also no longer commercially available.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Careful Benjamin that dated and obsolete comment can apply to quite a few of us around here.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Better now? :)

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Thanks, now I can go back to editing my antique gear list before hopping on my penny farthing for a spin around the commons.

Heather Pisani-Kristl

@p-k

Locale: San Diego

For your viewing pleasure, I submit the following, found on Ebay:
    http://tinyurl.com/2q9uqx

Only $589 with shipping! Relive the good (?) ol' days of waxed canvas and bedrolls!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

There's definitely something romantic about leather pouches, backpacks, even boots!

Linsey Budden

@lollygag

Locale: pugetropolis

Pro Mountain Sports is a very cool store (yes, with an outdated webpage) in the U-District of Seattle. The owner, Jim Nelson, is a noted author of climbing guides for the Cascade Mountains and his store is filled with fast & light alpine mountaineering gear.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right. And you can be sure Jim has newer alternatives for every unavailable item on the list. He is one guy who really knows what he's talking about. He personally trials a lot of the gear that he sells. Worth checking out if you're starting out from scratch, are in the area, AND have the bucks, because most of his gear is top flight and doesn't come cheap(think WM, ID, Montbell, etc). That said he's got a sale rack and there are some really good buys on quality gear, especiallly in the fall/winter.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yes- Jim is a rock star and the fact that he put together a kit like that so many years ago just proves it.

If you're ever in Seattle, visit Pro Mountain Sports. It is the best backpacking/mountaineering shop I've ever seen (at least in the physical, non-web world!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools