Topic

Anyone use bromelain instead of Vitamin I?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Speed Hiking and Fastpacking Anyone use bromelain instead of Vitamin I?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Just wanted to give everyone an update on my experience with bromelain so far. I've taken it in two different ways in the last six weeks – two pills about an hour before long runs and 2x daily for a couple weeks. Both methods seem to work pretty well in keeping my knees happy. For me, it works as well as ibuprofen on reducing or preventing swelling. YMMV Ryan

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

how much are you using (mgs/tablet)? I also see they have several Bromelain-Tumeric combinations as well that might be worth looking at.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Mike, I'm taking 500mg capsules. Turmeric also gets a lot of good reviews online so if there is a combination of the two I would certainly give it a shot. Ryan

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools