Topic

Trekking pole tip guards

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Trekking pole tip guards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

I don't know if anyone else has discovered this one, or if all trekking pole tips use the same thread pitch, but it works for my poles (GG Lightrek 4)

The applicator nozzles off sealant tubes screw straight on, which provides a neat, lightweight solution to carbide tips wearing their way through wand pockets, mesh pockets, scratching vehicle paintwork etc. Also stops mud and dirt from the tips falling off in your pack's wand pockets.

I think someone said GG use Leki tips, so this one might work for a range of poles.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I kept the little red plastic caps my Black Diamond poles were sold with. All kinds of things work. Could use those rubber feet that they sell for poles too. Dual use.

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

This thing? https://www.locksonline.com/buy/bigimage/Locksonline_003.50.051P1.jpg

I've been thinking about making my own tip covers to prevent them from driving into soft soil and losing a tight pitch over night.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Yep, you can dispense with the extra tab of course.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

You can also use clear beverage tubing from your local hardware store. Find the right size to fit tightly over the whole spike. Not heavy.
    (We do this for our ski poles too.)

Cheers

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Not heavy Roger C, but not as light as these, and they screw on so you don't lose them. :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools