Topic

Flash Reviews No. 12

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Flash Reviews No. 12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

Flash Reviews No. 12

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I'm not sure I need that wallet for backpacking but I like the looks of it and may give it a shot.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

MYOG wallet here

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice wallet, but if you're carrying anywhere near 24 cards you're doing something wrong. After the PCT I stopped using a wallet altogether and just toss 1-2 cards in my front pocket each morning.

HMG makes a nice wallet too:
    https://www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/hmg-limited-edition-cuben-fiber-wallet.html#!prettyPhoto

Don A.
    BPL Member

@amrowinc

Locale: Southern California

For everyday use I have an older model rip-stop nylon All-Ett wallet that's the best wallet I've ever had. Very thin and a perfect layout for my needs. I think I've had it about ten years and it holding up just fine.
    On the trail I use a Z-Pack Wallet Pouch that's perfect for the few cards and limited cash I carry on the trail.
    I wish I still had it together like Dan and could forgo a wallet on the trail but age and a trail name of Still Lookin' requires me to resort to more secure measures.

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

Cheapest lightest wallet I've found for trail use: http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Snack-Bags-Value-100-pack/dp/B0000DIWQL

All I need is a way to keep driver's license, medical card, and one credit card dry in my pack.

IVO K
    BPL Member

@joylesshusband

Locale: PA lately

"All I need is a way to keep driver's license, medical card, and one credit card dry in my pack."

@ Michael:
    Why do you need to keep these 3 items dry?
    How does having them wet, damp, or moist hurt their performance?

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

The medical card, alas, is cardboard, due to my cheap-ass insurance company.

But you're right. I could laminate the medical card and then ditch the baggie. Proabably save some fraction of a gram. Thanks!

Adrian B
    BPL Member

@adrianb

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand

>Bring a skillet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools