Topic

Little Red Wagon GEO: Craft Coffee for Backpackers (Review)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Little Red Wagon GEO: Craft Coffee for Backpackers (Review)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Jonathon Self
    BPL Member

@neist

Locale: Oklahoma

You know, this looks pretty neat.

I'm not one to be quickly sold on a product, but as someone who is moderately lazy when backpacking, and does enjoy a good cup of pour over, this looks great.

I'll have to try some out.

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

Is the filter material biodegradeable? Or would you have to pack it out even if you dried out the grounds and scattered/cat holed them?

Ken (summmitboy)
    BPL Member

@khmcnair

Locale: Ottawa, Canada

Nice try, but I'm sure theses are pricey and I have yet to taste any coffee bag that tastes as good as coffee made with ground coffee in an MSR Mugmate. Same idea but REUSABLE and you can also brew a pot full for a group and pour it through the coffee into each persons mug. I just don't get why people need to reinvent the wheel…

K. Urs Grütter, LL.M.
    BPL Member

@charly13muri-be-ch

Locale: Switzerland

Sounds nice, sure will taste good, but: This is definitely for car camping and not for ultralight hiking, where you will have to carry in AND carry OUT everything! I prefer an instant coffee – the airtight baggies serve as a (coarse) altimeter, too :-)

coffe stop between Sky Blue Lake and Lake 12149, about 3mi S of Mt. Whitney

This was a coffe-break at Lake 12149 some 3mi south of Mt. Whitney. Sorry about my dirty hands, it was our 3rd day out…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Too much packaging for 8oz of coffee. This is just like an extremely similar product from the late 90's, early 2k. It failed after a short while on the marketplace. The mesh screen would blow out and dump grounds in your cup. Had to use multiples like this product to make a generous cup of coffee. I like 14-16 oz at a time. If you're gonna brew some, might as well brew a bit more. Mugmate and real grounds for me as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools