Topic

$9.9 for ALOCS CW – K02 Outdoor Backpack Camping Kettle

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
May Tang BPL Member
PostedJun 26, 2015 at 6:25 am

Hi BPL friends,

This is May from Gearbest.com, we are offering the most competitive price especially for outdoor gears and flashlights , we are here BPL and want to set up our connection with you, today I bring you our 13th discount deals, wish you like.

( please be free to PM me or contact our supporting center, if you need help. More deals can be found on GearBest gadget deals )

ALOCS CW – K02 Outdoor Backpack Camping Kettle

coupon: CWGB

price: $9.9

GB DEAL

GB DEAL

ALOCS CW – K02 Outdoor Backpack Camping Kettle

********************************************************************
How to use coupon:

1.Create or log into your GearBest account (email verification required)

2.Add item to cart, then fill-in Promo Code with the coupon on right hand side of page and hit APPLY.

3.Select PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedJun 26, 2015 at 3:42 pm

According to Amazon, a 0.9 L Trangia kettle weighs 190 g. I replaced the steel wire handle on mine with a Ti wire handle, but even so it still weighs 176 g. Interesting: thinner harder aluminium maybe?

Cheers

PostedJun 26, 2015 at 9:52 pm

I think the weight is off by at least 50%

But WTH, it only costs $10 to find out for sure, right..:)??

PostedJun 26, 2015 at 10:32 pm

It's another NON EXCLUSIVE TO BPL deal Roger doesn't take issue with !

Is it a rule, or just for Mike's tents ?


Willie

I don't mind you snarking at me as much as you want. Feel free.

But your claim that this is 'NON EXCLUSIVE TO BPL' is simply false. The advertised price on the GearBest web site is $16.47, while the price to BPL members using the coupon code 'CWGB' is $9.90. That fully qualifies as a 'DEAL'. Please, at least check your facts first.

Cheers
Roger Caffin
Online Community Monitor
backpacking Light

Anthony Huhn BPL Member
PostedJun 26, 2015 at 11:22 pm

I tracked down what I believe to be a more accurate weight ~185grams.

My assumption is that the 100g weight is based on the shipping weight that several sites list of 0.1kg.

Screen grab obtained at:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-4L-ALOCS-Aluminum-CW-K03-Outdoor-Camping-Kettle-Picnic-Water-Teapot-Coffee-Pot-Cookware-185g/2037293340.html

Kettle

I also wouldn't be that surprised if it came in over 185grams (6.5oz) with the lid and handle, as the weight seems lower than most commercially available items. However I wouldn't lose all hope of hitting 185grams as items such as the Kmart Grease pot and Imusa mug hit incredibly low weights due to their thin walls.

Anthony

PostedJun 27, 2015 at 12:11 am

There are identical kettles to this one all over Ebay for about $11 shipped. The only difference is the color of the rubber handle coating.

They dont list weights, BUT closely examining the photos of the boxes shows 150g listed on them.. Thats about 5.5 oz..

Not all that wonderful for a 800 ml vesselthat you cannot even eat out of..

Try again, May :)

PostedJun 27, 2015 at 8:15 am

Any thoughts on the pros vs cons? Why use a kettle instead of a usual pot?

I figure the pot can boil or cook, while a kettle is intended only to boil. The kettle has a wider bottom so maybe it catches the stove heat better? Thoughts?

PostedJun 27, 2015 at 8:46 am

A 3 cup Hard Annodized Open Counrty pot is made in.the USA and is just as wide at the bottom as the kettle.

The 3 cup weighs 3.6 oz with no handle and another ounce with a pot grabber. Less weight the kettle and far nore versatile.

If you are boiling water only, kettles are fine, but none of them are as light as a pot of equal volume.

Chad B BPL Member
PostedJun 27, 2015 at 9:00 am

"It's another NON EXCLUSIVE TO BPL deal Roger doesn't take issue with !

Is it a rule, or just for Mike's tents ?"

That's a very good observation. There is a coupon code posted, maybe that is exclusive to BPL? If not, then this post is in clear violation of the "current" BPL Gear Deals posting rules.

Bill Law BPL Member
PostedJun 27, 2015 at 11:11 am

I assume the issue is bullet number 3 in the list of conditions that posts to Gear Deals must meet.

That condition is useless without some technological means of proving one's BPL membership to a 3rd party web site (think oauth). Absent that, I suggest that that "rule" be interpreted as requiring that the coupon code only be posted to BPL (vs, for example via banner ad on the vendor's page). After all, the intent can only be to make this site (BPL) more attractive to visitors.

As the late, great B.G. asked for a while back, some examples of good and bad posts would help immeasurably.

IMHO, this post is good (even if the item doesn't meet your purchase criteria).

An example of a misplaced ad (just move it to Gear!) is anything along the lines of ""xxx is back in stock" or "yyy is now available in chartreuse."

Put another way: posts here should be about the *deal*, not the gear. Vice-versa in Gear.

P.S. Any recent instance of requiring the vendor to verify BPL membership should be ignored; that's just plain silly, as recent discussion proved.

Chad B BPL Member
PostedJun 27, 2015 at 12:11 pm

I typically don't waste my energy making posts like I did above. Honestly I could care less what the BPL rules are and who does/doesn't follow them. I'm not a moderator, I'm not a self appointed post police.

I guess the reason I did post is that I do find it rather annoying that the mods here tend to pick and choose when they choose to enforce the rule set. If you are going to have rules fine, then have them but be consistent.

I have seen wholesalers like Gearbest treated better than the cottage guys here in Gear Deals. That is lame.

PostedJul 3, 2015 at 8:13 am

I think Rogers rule is wrong.

I also think Roger is wrong to call this deal exclusive.

This appears to be the same kettle, from the same vendor, with the same code.

It's a crap rule that does nothing for BPL.

Xcluesiv

Bump, great deal !

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedJul 3, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Hi Chad

> I have seen wholesalers like Gearbest treated better than the cottage guys here in
> Gear Deals.
You comment concerns me. If you have actual cases with URLs I would appreciate it if you could email me the URLs.

Cheers
roger@backpackinglight.com

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedAug 12, 2015 at 6:26 pm

3-July-2015:
You comment concerns me. If you have actual cases with URLs I would appreciate it if you could email me the URLs.

13-August-2015:
No replies received, no URLS seen.

Cheers
Roger Caffin

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Loading...