Topic

Cant wait for new gear!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cant wait for new gear!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Gray
    BPL Member

@gordong

Locale: Front Range, CO

I recently ordered some new tent parts and have been anxiously waiting for them to come in the mail. I have a trip scheduled in 2 days so I really want to test them ASAP.

As I am sitting here at work, my wife text me with some hints of their arrival. Dang, I want to fly that sucka in the living room or backyard but have to wait till the bell rings at 5p. At least she sent me a preview.

Who else has recently got some new goods?

Enjoy!

boxflypoles

Jonathon Self
    BPL Member

@neist

Locale: Oklahoma

I ordered a backordered S2S Traveller summer bag that I can't wait to get in. :)

My partner on my planned JMT trip this July fell through (got deployed), so I shifted my plans to hike the C&O canal towpath instead. I plan on using the bag on the trip. The average lows in late July aren't exactly chilly along the trail, and I wanted to try something super light.

This will actually be my first trip floating close to the 5lb base weight mark. The trail is hardly isolated, and I figured it's as good as place as any to dip my toe into such minimalism.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

Yesterday I received new stakes, MSR groundhogs.

I'm waiting on:

a pair of La Sportiva Bushidos (REI had size 40.5, which I bought too, but not 41, so I'm waiting for the larger size to compare)
    Ibex woolies 150 striped crew
    a wide NeoAir (backordered at backcountry)

Heber Miranda
    BPL Member

@heber_

Waiting on my first real piece of light gear, ULA Circuit. Coming from an Aether and I can't wait.

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

Waiting on various bits and bobs to go with a new Elecraft KX3 that's off to summer camp with me. Hey, it's not ultralight, but it's packable!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades
    Bean
    BPL Member

@stupendous-2

Locale: California

>"Who else has recently got some new goods?"

This year I decided to invest heavily on shaving some weight on the two person couples gear, getting a Zpacks Twin Size quilt and a Zpacks Duplex tent for the wife and I.

Looks to be slightly over a 2.5 pounds weight savings on our current kit, guess I'm spending about a dollar to drop a gram. Which at that price, it really inspired me to dig back through our gear to start trimming fat. Kind of stupid of me to pay a ton of money to shave off ounces from a sleeping bag and shelter, but then carry 2 extra ounces in my first aid kit of stuff I've never had a reason to use.

Eric Hine
    BPL Member

@ehine1-2

Locale: New York

Currently waiting on 40* EE Revelation Elite. 5-6 weeks can't come soon enough :)

[ Drew ]
    BPL Member

@43ten

Locale: Central Valley CA

I recently purchased and was able to use:

-Locus Gear Hapi (Cuben) and inner mesh
    -'Polycro' groundsheet, first time
    -Hammock Gear Burrow 20* + 2oz overstuff (wife)
    -Titanium skewer stakes
    -Homemade packframe/stay

I finally feel satisfied with all my gear and its weight.

Owen McMurrey
    Spectator

@owenm

Locale: SE US

Got a couple of Capilene 2 tops and a bottom on sale from Patagonia about a month ago, and an Exped Synmat Hyperlite before that. Should be it for the year, and I didn't need any of that…

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Zpacks Arc Haul with a few customizations expected in 2-3 weeks

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Ordered a new pack and 30F sleeping bag for the wife. Should arrive any day!

Ryan

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Waiting for my transaxle for the van to be rebuilt. This will allow me to get to trailheads and it has gears! 6-8 week wait. It's a cottage company with 3 employees. As far as actual backpacking gear I am waiting for my Ursack to be done with the sewing retrofit. I just got a Lumenaid light and love it. Now just if I can get get away from the house and the never-ending honey-do list.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I had a box arrive yesterday but have been too damn busy with house renovations to unpack it.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

But you have time to read this and post Stephen? Got to work on your priorities! Get that box open or at least tell us what you received. Don't leave us hanging like that. All in fun, K.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Ken,

The problem is not opening the box, it's the two hours of mucking about in the basement once I open it.

Will report back tomorrow.

Jonathon Self
    BPL Member

@neist

I should have a FF Vireo Nano coming in this afternoon. It's probably the nicest bag I've ever owned.

Hopefully it has a lot of fun times ahead of it. :)

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

After a two gear moratorium I bought a SMD Deschutes CF shelter.

Jonathon Self
    BPL Member

@neist

Bag came in, and the quality is definitely top notch. Weighed at 525g with stuff sack.

Not sure about that stuff sack. Annoying getting the bag in. Might find a similar volume compression sack.

Yaaaay for new stuff!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Stephen?????

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Hi Ken,

My apologies for the delay, had fotvotten wbout tbis thread. It was a Hilleberg Soulo that was on gear swap.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Going to try that again, good. Here's to thoughts of a white winter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Caldera Tri Ti with EV wide mouth 600 ml pot, to use with esbit and in case of out of fuel, fire. Also Borah Argon bivy….

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Most definitely Ken :-)

Oh, another box just arrived today with an SL5 fly sheet.

Mo FromBrisbane
    BPL Member

@ausmomo

Man, I'm in new-gear-heaven right now. I'm buying, everything (literally, including new undies and socks*) from scratch.

In the last week I've received trail runners, pack, socks.

I've got a shopping list the length of my arm, and will order from US websites as soon as I've found a decent freight forwarder. Then, sadly, I'll be in new-gear-purgatory, as the wait will be long :(

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools