Topic

nylopro / nylobarrier bags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) nylopro / nylobarrier bags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kate Magill
    BPL Member

@lapedestrienne

Now that Litetrail has closed up shop, who's going to be selling these and when will they be available? Neither Google nor BPL search seems able to tell me.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You might contact a termite company that does home tenting. Normally they give each client some Nylofume bags for food storage prior to the job.

–B.G.–

Jameson Tisch
    Spectator

@jameson_tisch

The small and medium are still being sold. Larges will apparently be sold through a different UL vendor shortly.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=99127

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

Has anyone looked at whether the nylobarrier bags are any better at blocking scent than polyethylene food service bags? You can get 100 of the latter in 18×24 inch size for under twenty bucks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Turkey bags.

They use them here for the packaging of marijuana quite successfully

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

"Has anyone looked at whether the nylobarrier bags are any better at blocking scent than polyethylene food service bags?"

That is why the termite industry uses nylofume bags to issue to their clients for food storage. Nylofume will resist poisonous termite tenting gas, and polyethylene won't.

–B.G.–

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

Thanks Bob. Googling "nylofume + cart" turns up a bunch of places where you can order them.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

If there is a termite company that does home tenting, then I would suggest that you just show up at their office and see what they will give to you or else sell to you.

–B.G.–

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Kate –
    "Neither Google nor BPL search seems able to tell me."

"Nylofume Mihalik" will get you the history here on BPL. It the imputes for LiteTrail to carry them.

Back in 2011 I bought them by the case (100) and resold at cost. I did it 3 times, and someone else organized Round 4. The details can be found here.

I purchased them from Pest Fog Supply. I have no idea if they would still consider selling and shipping.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools