Topic

Lake Superior Costal Trail Adventure

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Lake Superior Costal Trail Adventure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Leanne Hennessy
    BPL Member

@annie

Locale: Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Thanks Steve! Yes we definately need to do a better job to promote Ontario trails around the world. Our wilderness areas are unparalelled!
    Our plans for this summer include Pukwaska, the Georgian Bay Coastal Trail, and some Temagami trails.
    Also excited because we have ordered packrafts from the Canadian distributor in Chilliwack of Alpacka Pack Rafts. They should be here within a week or two and we can't wait!!! This will take our hiking to a whole new level as we can combine hiking trails with some canoe routes and criss cross through lakes and trails! Come on warm weather!
    Have you done any Temagami trails, do you have any recommendations? And what are your plans this summer?

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Souds awesome. I did Pukaskwa last summer. Its a super fun trail and very scenic. Busier than I expected though.

I wasnt aware of the GBCT, but I am now! I looked it up and that looks like a winner. I may be wrong but is it open already?

You have my attention on the Alpacka…I look at them all the time but never pull the trigger. That opens up a whole new world. Very excited for you and look forward to seeing what you guys do with them.

I have been to Temagami a few times but never for more than an overnighter. I was looking at the OTHT as an option for this summer but not sure if I will have the time….sorry excuse.

As for recomendations, I have plenty. Heres a link to the trails I have done.

http://www.suluk46.com/adventure

Not all are in Ontario or even Canada but a good portion are. Anyway, keep us posted on your trips, love reading about local hotspots!

Leanne Hennessy
    BPL Member

@annie

Steve, about a 20km loop of the GBCT will be open after Canada Day, July 1st this summer. We plan on going up for a weekend to check it out. It is a multi year collaborative project with many First Nations bands so it will be a few years yet before the whole trail is up and running. Exciting! Thanks for your suggestions!

Jenn M

@jennm

Hey Leanne it's Jenn Cockcroft (Hi Steve!)

If you guys ever head up Temagami way, let me know – I've done some hiking on the OTHT but would like to do more. Neb would enjoy it to I'm sure, he hasn't been since he was 16 weeks old!

Leanne Hennessy
    BPL Member

@annie

Hey Jenn! I didn't know you were a member here! Yes we are planning to get to temagami this summer but haven't nailed down a day yet. would love some company! what are your plans for the summer?

Jenn M

@jennm

A few weekend trips this summer! And Toby and I are getting married towards the end of June. Keep me posted and maybe I can join for part.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools