I thought I had the lightest trekking poles on the market when I used REI’s REI’s Peak UL Carbon Compact Trekking Poles for a year.
However, when GG sent me a pair of the Lightrek 3’s to beta test in May, I immediately fell in love with them when I took them out of the shipping tube.
At first, I missed the straps and the adjustable pole lengths, but after a couple hundred miles on the trail I adapted to life without excess strap fidgeting and twisting. Just grip them in your hands and go!
When gear conversations with fellow hikers come up on the trail, I hand them a single pole, and say: “Here try these: they are the lightest on the market”. Their facial expressions and comments are priceless.
I have made one suggestion in my feedback to the company: add a 6” piece of shrinkwrap above the basket to protect the lower shaft from rock abrasions. Look for non- waterproof 3M 3/4" FP301 Polyolefin Heat Shrink Shrinks 50%. It adds .1 oz to each pole.

After approximately 400 miles of use, they are still working well. I echo the performance notes from fellow GG beta tester, “Disco”:
http://www.filebox.vt.edu/users/lgrinter/Lightrek.htm
These poles have found a premanent place in my lightweight gear; I passed my REI Peak UL poles onto a fellow BPL subscriber.