Topic

Locus Gear Khufu cuben mid w/2p inner and Dual Pole setup (first impressions)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Locus Gear Khufu cuben mid w/2p inner and Dual Pole setup (first impressions)

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

My son is skinny and about 5’8″.  I’m not sure who his tentmate will be yet, but he’ll be with another skinny kid. The Duomid inner is 50″ wide and my son has a 20″ wide Nemo Switchback regular.  I’ve recommended that scouts use 20″ wide pads.

Philmont wants 2 scouts in 2 person tents.  Most of our crew will use the Philmont supplied 2 person tents which are 54″ wide.

They’re kids.  They’ll be fine sleeping head to toe.

David P
    BPL Member

@david-paradis

Hey Brad Rogers

If you happen to read this, when you double pole the Duomid without cord or DPTE do you put tips or handles onto the ground? I flip flop when I use a single pole depending on the ground and whether I have inner or bivy attached. Just curious if I’ll also have to use regular pole extenders when using 2 poles (I have two 12” ones)

Thanks!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I put the tips of the pole extenders at the top of the Duomid and the handles are on the ground.  My extenders are 12″ aluminum with rubber caps.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools