Episode 49 | Untraditional Layers
A video version of this podcast is available to Unlimited Members.
- The video version of this podcast is available to Unlimited Members for free as part of their membership. Become an Unlimited Member »
- You must be logged in with your Unlimited Membership account to see the video here. Login Now »
In this SKILLS SHORT, Andrew and Ryan chat about layers that don’t quite fit into the traditional three-layer system.
- What attracted Ryan to explore untraditional layers?
- fishnet baselayers – Brynje
- innovative insulation-only mid-layers – Senchi Designs
- double-layer toe-sock systems – Injinji
- neck gaiters: extra-long and extra-short – Buff and Smartwool
- unconventional rainwear ventilation – Paramo Velez Adventure Smock and Buffalo Teclite Shirt
- wrap up – experiment with your layers and play around outside of the conventional wisdom