The Arc'teryx Kappa Hoody is an insulated (high-loft synthetic) hooded jacket with a highly weather-resistant, seam-taped outer shell. Users who need an insulated outer layer for cold-weather activities are its target audience. However, the fact that it has a helmet-compatible hood suggests that its primary users will be skiers and climbers (or backpackers with giant heads).
- Large, helmet-compatible hood with laminated brim stiffener and cord adjustments for aperture and volume;
- Two interior stash pockets;
- Two handwarmer pockets;
- One exterior chest pocket;
- Fit type: hip length, regular fit (as opposed to slim / athletic).
- Review Sample Size: M
- Back length: 31.5 in (80 cm)
- Manufacturer's Claimed Weight: 25.9 oz (735 g)
- Insulation: Arc'teryx Coreloft 140 gsm (4.1 osy)
- Shell Fabric: Gore Windstopper (Gore Thermium starting Fall 2016) - 70 denier main fabric, 80 denier reinforcements
Login to read the full review that includes a performance assessement of warmth, comfort, durability, and more. Word Count: 850