DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOUR BRAND AND OUR USER COMMUNITY
Would You Like to Sponsor Backpacking Light?
Instead, selected outdoor brands will have the opportunity to support our community through sponsorships.
Q: Are sponsorships limited to a certain type of company?
- A: Yes – they are only available to brands that promote human-powered outdoor activities and public lands conservation for outdoor recreation.
Q: How are you able to offer these kinds of opportunities to a limited number of advertisers?
- We are in the fortunate position to have revenue from multiple sources, including website subscriptions, webinars, online courses, and affiliate commissions. So being able to offer a sponsorship program that emphasizes quality over quantity is better for our sponsors, and better for our user community.
Q: What is the cost of sponsorship?
- Monthly billing (cancel anytime): $500
- Annual billing (12-month term): $4,000 (45% savings*)
- *IMPORTANT: Annual billing contracts INCLUDE a supporting sponsorship for the Film Festival and one inline email newsletter insertion
- 50,000 guaranteed banner ad impressions per month (run of site distribution of 728×90, 300×600, 300×250, and 320×50 mobile) delivered to public guest traffic.
- Brand recognition in our weekly email newsletter:
- $500 per insertion (45,000+ subscribers as of 1/20)
- one sponsor per insertion
- May include up to 100 words of company news, new product announcement, gear deals, exclusive offers, promotions, etc., with links
- We are open to other sponsorship co-promotions and will consider all proposals from sponsors on a case by case basis.
Payment and Contract Terms
- Payment Terms: Payment required in full before services are rendered. No refunds or proration for cancellation or partial use. Automated billing via Credit Card or Paypal only.
- Advertising Policy: Funding from our advertisers allows us to provide valuable information and education for our user base. However, we’re absolutely inflexible about our editorial autonomy when it comes to product and service reviews and recommendations – we cannot allow sponsors to influence any review content we create. We are in the fortunate position to have a sustainable revenue source from recurring member subscriptions and enrollment fees, and thus, are not dependent upon the advertising dollars, no matter how large the contract, from any single advertiser. If an advertiser attempts to influence our review content in any way, we reserve the right to immediately terminate the contract.
Did You Get an Invite to Become a Sponsor?
If so, that’s great. Then you already have someone at Backpacking Light that you can work with.
If not, and you are a company that promotes human-powered outdoor recreation and conservation of public lands for human-powered recreation, drop us a note and let us know if you’re interested in a Sponsorship.