The Pacific Outdoor Equipment WXtex Pneumo Lightweight Dry Sack is a lightweight dry sack with roll top closure and, unlike other lightweight dry sacks, welded seams. Another unique feature is an inflatable sleeping matt style purge/fill valve.
The Pneumo Lightweight Dry Sack has not been field tested. It was subjected to a series of tests simulating conditions beyond what normally might be expected inside a pack (its intended use). For test results, click here.
Pacific Outdoor Equipment also has a Pneumo line using 50-denier instead of 40Dx30D fabric. Weights are still in the lightweight range, with the 15L size at 5 ounces as compared to 4.4 ounces for the 15L Penumo LTW dry sack.
Features and Specifications
- Roll down closure with double seal opening
- Purge/fill valve for load compression
- Welded dry construction
- Lightweight PU coated
- 40Dx30D ripstop fabric
- On package: “…they are totally waterproof, allowing you to stay worry free in even the mightiest downpour or inopportune river crossings.”
- On package: “If the bag is to be submerged temporarily, keeping as much air inside the bag as possible will keep pressure against the [roll top] seal and provide the greatest potential for dryness.”
- On package: “If you are storing a critical item, it is best to have redundant protection; e.g. use two dry bags layered together.”
|5L||305||5||10 x 20||25 x 51||3 [3.1]||85 ||17|
|15L||915||15||14 x 28||36 x 71||4.4 [5.0]||125 ||24|
|25L||1525||25||16 x 33||41 x 84||5.8 [6.4]||164 ||28|