Trudging around camp in plastic double boots after a long day of skiing in plastic double boots is not high on my list of favorite things about winter in the backcountry. Long days spend in a boot that allows nearly zero plantar flexion means you're not only craving some foot motion, you need it for restorative purposes so you can do it all over again the next day.
- Free your feet in camp for relaxation and restoration.
- Down booties provide plush comfort for casual camp use.
- My system: neoprene overboots over the thermomolded inners from my ski mountaineering boots.
- Advantages of the mukluk system (relative to the down bootie system)
- Disadvantages of the mukluk system (relative to the down bootie system)
# WORDS: 680
# PHOTOS: 4