Editor’s Note: The Jacks ‘R’ Better Summer Universal Blanket is now known as the Shenandoah Summer Quilt.
The Jacks ‘R’ Better Summer Universal Blanket is a simple, sewn through down blanket with features designed to make it multi-use. Both ends have drawcord/toggles and sewn in grosgrain loops at the corners so the Summer Universal Blanket can be used as a hammock under quilt (with the provided Suspension System). For top quilt use, either in a hammock or on the ground, one end can be closed with the drawcord/toggles and omni-tape (non-scratchy Velcro-type tape) to form a foot box.
As we’ve seen with other Jacks ‘R’ Better products, the advertised weight and dimensions are right on (the Jacks are both engineers and it shows), and the measured loft is higher than claimed. The average measured loft of our test sample is 1.8 inches (manufacturer claims 1.2 inches).
Features and Specifications
- Shell fabric: 1.1 oz/yd2 (37 g/m2) ripstop nylon with DWR
- Down: 800 fp
- Continuous, sewn through baffles
- Baffle spacing: 7.5 in (19 cm)
- 78 x 48 x 1.2* in (198 x 122 x 3.0 cm)
- *BPL measured loft: 1.8 in ( 4.6 cm)
- Manufacturer temperature rating: 45 – 50 °F (7 – 10 °C)
- Included: JRB Suspension System and silnylon compression sack (BPL measured weights – 1.6 oz/45 g and 1.2 oz/34 g)
- BPL measured weight: 14.4 oz (408 g)
- MSRP $169