The Jacks ‘R’ Better No Sniveller Universal Quilt can be used as a top quilt with foot pocket in a hammock or for ground sleeping, as a flat quilt, and as a hammock under quilt with the included JRB Suspension System.
One thing that makes the No Sniveller Universal Quilt unique is the slit in the center of the quilt allowing it to be worn in camp as a poncho/serape for warmth. The slit is edged with omni-tape (both sides look like the loop side of Velcro) which is surprisingly comfortable against the skin when in use, and keeps the slit closed when it’s not needed.
The second thing that makes the No Sniveller unique, is that the actual loft is significantly higher than the advertised 1.5 inches. The average loft (centered between baffles) is between 2.25 and 2.5 inches for the two quilts we measured.
Features and Specifications
- Shell fabric: 1.1 oz/yd2 (37 g/m2) ripstop nylon with DWR
- Down: 750 fp
- Continuous baffles with no-see-um netting
- Baffle height 1.5 in (3.8 cm)
- 78 x 48 x 1.5* in (198 x 122 x 3.8 cm)
- *Measured loft: 2.25 – 2.5 in (5.7 – 6.4 cm)
- Both ends have drawcord and toggles
- Foot box formed by omni-tape and drawcord closure
- Included: JRB Suspension System (BPL measured weight 1.6 oz/45 g)
- Included: Silnylon compression sack
- BPL measured weight: 20.1 oz (570 g)
- MSRP $219