- Not many families do long distance hiking together. Why do you think that is?
- How do you plan to overcome these challenges?
- What do your kids think about your thru-hike plans?
- People do long distance hikes for their own personal reasons, usually along the lines of "self-discovery, a deep nature experience, or to have a challenging outdoors experience". What are your family's reasons?
- As an editor of Backpacking Light we know you value a lightweight philosophy. What are your thoughts on lightweight family backpacking?
- How do you manage to just "pull out" of your life for six months and hit the trail?
# WORDS: 1170
# PHOTOS: 7