Topic

New ZPacks Sub-Nero 30L backpack 8.3 oz

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion New ZPacks Sub-Nero 30L backpack 8.3 oz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Just saw this on ZPacks website. If it’s been out for awhile I missed it. I begged Joe a few years ago to come up with a smaller pack like this. Now if I just had $189.

https://zpacks.com/products/sub-nero-30l-backpack

YouTube video

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Interesting. Think I’d want a Y-connector strap option to secure a foam pad on top though (not seeing it in their current options).  30L doesn’t leave a lot of error to work with, and an exterior strap option would provide a little wiggle room, it’s what many younger hikers like, etc..

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

I’m surprised this new pack didn’t generate more interest. I might take my Christmas bonus and get an Army green one. Ultimate SUL 2 to 3 day pack.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I bought the Nero 38L in the spring and used it on two trips.  I really like it and, at 10.7 ounces, the weight penalty for the extra room is worth it for me.

The other thought I had is that I’m a big guy (6′ and 250 lbs) and the Sub-Nero would look a little ridiculous on my back – it would be like carrying my daughter’s mini-Kanken!

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

They are such square packs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools